Evolving Door

Hello Everyone.

Remember how I dreamed of a beautiful mirror for my entry way.


This was the fabulous Mirror in a shop I frequent.  It would look so awesome in my home but was way out of my budget for this piece.



So the solution was to have Terry make me a entry way mirror out of old salvage pieces and a great old door we already had.
It was a beautiful piece he created.

My problem was that it just did not seem right and did not make my heart beat a little faster like the one in the shop.

I just could not get that great mirror from the shop off my mind.



Then we added a beautiful saying to help give this entry way mirror a little more character.
I thought this would help me fall in love with this beautiful piece and I could get the mirror in the shop off my mind.



Nope! even with the new saying put on this piece it still did not feel right!

Terry said ok lets just get the mirror in the shop and we can make this piece work someplace else.  

I love that he was open to getting that beautiful mirror for me.

 I just could not see spending that kind of money  on that mirror even with loving it so much.

Plus Terry put a lot of work into this piece which made it special.   I was really torn.




While Terry was trying to rent a truck to go to buy the shop mirror,  I literally sat and stared at the piece in my entry and thought what is it about this piece that is not letting me like it as much as the mirror in the shop?

Then it hit me!!!! 


I told Terry forget about trying to find a truck to rent!   I think I figured out what was missing to make me love this mirror as much as the shop mirror.  So.........
I said to Terry what if we make it a full length mirror like the shop mirror?  Do you think you could re work some of these pieces to make that happen.  He said Yes I think I can!!!!  I love those words "I think I can"!!!!!

So as you can see above he made the opening for the mirror bigger and full length.

This is it in the rough stages.  He took out the corner window pieces and used some filler wood pieces to make this work.

I loved those corner pieces and wanted to make sure we could keep those.

I loved it already in its rough form before paint and the mirror going in.


Here it is the "new door/mirror" with the full length mirror. 
I will be putting my Christmas tree in front of this mirror. 
I think it will look pretty here.

Finally the ever evolving door/mirror is done and I love it!!!!

Wish the sun would come out to get better pictures.  It has been snowing and cloudy here in Illinois.

Have a great Friday and wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Kris




44 comments

  1. I do like the way it looks with the full length mirror. Wow Terry is so talented. I think the tree will look beautiful. Have a good weekend and stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep-That was exactly what it needed-to go full length! I love how it turned out---your design and Terry's work are great compliments to each other. Looking forward to seeing it up close and personal!!! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a mirror and what a man. I love the full length mirror, it worlds so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!! I love it...Terry did an awesome job! Having a husband who helps find a solution and is willing to do the crazy things we ask of them is a blessing! Kris, it really is beautiful! And your tree will be so pretty there! Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Love and hugs sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully done! That store mirror is to die for, but the changes Terry made really make quite a difference in getting it to what you were hoping for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The full length mirror did the trick!! What a special man you have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. I liked it before, but now it is gorgeous. Love all the light it reflects, and it will be beautiful with your tree by it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE the larger full length mirror, just what that door needed. I'd say Terry is pretty much PERFECT! Happy Thanksgiving, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, Kris! Y'all did it! But to know that your husband was ready to fulfill your dream is priceless. And then to have the answer given to you was truly God-sent. You're going to love this door more and more as time goes by just because of the road it has travelled.

    And to think of your Christmas tree reflecting in it? So happy for you, dear friend,
    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks amazing! Love it!

    Have a wonderful weekend Kris xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a beautiful piece! I'm glad Terry was able to make your dream come true! I can't wait to see your tree all decorated in front of it :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  12. It couldn't be more perfect Kris. Well done to Terry, once again.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, that certainly did the trick! It needed to be larger! Great job to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow! he did an incredible job. This is a very nice piece. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you were able to save the money, Kris. The door mirror is perfect now and Terry is a gem. He has more talent than some people who get paid for their wood work.
    Have a happy weekend! Sending some cuddles for Buddy. :)
    xo Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. YOU TELL TERRY that he is a man's man. You tell that guy, "KUDOS FROM ANITA!" LOL! Unbelievable are his skills. As a busy working man, the fact that he has the energy and will to make things work for his Mrs.....and he DID IT! First of all, to want to go get the mirror? I would have said, "LET'S GO NOW!" But you made it work. Honestly, it looks even better, but I truly loved the first transformation! You two can bend, craft, tweek and twerk just about anything. My friend, you are both so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, Kris, that's it!!! It does look so much better now. Good eye on you, good hands on Terry. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  18. A true win win! The transformation was brilliant and your Christmas tree will look fabulous in front of it! Big kudos to Terry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kris ~ YOU are something else!!! FaB Idea making it into a full length mirror!!! A*N*D - putting your Christmas Tree in Front of It ~ Oh My!*!*! Hugs, Jeanine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kris that's exactly what it needed. This made this look very like the piece in the shop. I love it!!!! Your tree reflecting in the mirror is going to be amazing.

    Say hi to Buddy and hope he likes the snow

    Enjoy your weekend and stay warm

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  21. There ya go!! It's perfect now and you and Terry continue to be the best team out there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yes! Just what was needed. Your guy is so sweet - first to say you could have the inspirational mirror then to rework the one you already had. I love it and your tree will look gorgeous there!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think the shape of your mirror makes it even more beautiful than the shop mirror. Love curves more than straight sharp edges. Much more interesting. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That turned out beautiful!!! It's really pretty and it is wonderful that Terry can take your ideas and run with them. You are a great team!

    Have a lovely Thanksgiving week ~ FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just gorgeous! And Terry wins for Husband of The Year! You guys are really amazing. Can't wait to see the tree in front of the mirror!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. As usual, Terry saves the day with his masterful skills and your decorating sense!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely breath taking. What a lovely transformation. Kudos to your hubby for making your dream come true. Happy Thanksgiving. xo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Yup you got it! It needed to be FULL LENGTH... now it can reflect the other beautiful things in your home.. and a tree in front with lights... wow that will look awesome! You guys really are so innovative... and what wonderful words to hear "I think I can"!!!!!!!!! Hugs... Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Kris! Sometimes it takes awhile to get something from "I really like it" to " wow! I hit the jackpot! " Kudos for not giving up until it was just right for you. It looks awesome - love oval mirrors. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love, Love, LOVE it. You do have so much talent! Can't wait to see your Christmas décor going up.

    ReplyDelete
  31. BINGO!!! Love love love the modifications! How gorgeous are the twinkling lights from your tree going to look reflected in the mirror. Like I always say, the Dynamic DIY Duo! xo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh, Kris, that Terry is "the little husband that could". You are one lucky girl and each re-do is prettier than the last.. I can see why you are happy with the door now, although it was always wonderful!..Happy Thanksgiving..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Kris, That is it !! I liked all the things you did before and I thought a bigger mirror would be what you would say once I started reading this post. It is more like the old shop mirror now. Terry is a sweetheart too. Blessings to both of you. Enjoy your Thanksgiving week. xoxo, love, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Terry is one talented (and patient!) guy! The mirror re-do looks amazing, and is going to be a spectacular backdrop to your tree!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow! I love that redo in the rough even without the glass in it. But you two have done an astonishing job once again! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  36. You and Terry are an amazing team, Kris!! What a gorgeous piece, no doubt your tree will look perfect in front of it - double the lights!

    ReplyDelete
  37. You picked a winner in Terry for so many reasons. I love his "can do" attitude.

    I love that you had something and it wasn't just right yet you worked with it. And now, it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love your vision and that Terry could make it happen! You both rock!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. It's perfect!!! And your Christmas tree will look great there!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Terry is just so clever. I love it. The tree will look beautiful there.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor