Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger


Happy Saturday.  I have Lori from Thirfty Decor Mom blog this week in the Spotlight.
I found Lori's blog not too long ago and love her style and beautiful home.
Please take some time to read about Lori and then hop over to her blog and say Hi.

Lori also has a wonderful Etsy Site where she makes personalized keep sake books for birthday cards, Christmas cards, School pics etc.  They are adorable and make great gifts.

Hi! My name is Lori and I blog at Thrifty Decor Mom. I'm so excited to be a guest for the Saturday Spotlight here at Junk Chic Cottage! Thank you Kris for asking me to participate!


I started my blog in 2010 and usually post about our home improvement and decorating projects.


My husband Eric and I live with our 2 daughters in Lewis Center, OH. We have a 5 lb Maltese dog named Benny that we love to spoil!



We've lived in this house since 
it was built in 1997 and have made quite a few changes over the years.



• • • • • • • • • • •

Here are a some interesting facts about me ...

•I love the colors turquoise and aqua! You can check out my Pinterest Board "Turquoise Love" here.

•Hydrangeas (especially the blue ones!) are my favorite flower.

•I have 2 younger sisters - yep, I'm the oldest (and wisest!)

•I just recently started a part-time job for a videographer. I was a stay-at-home mom for almost 20 years! It's been a BIG change for me!

•Back in January we decided to start eating healthy and joined a gym. So far I've lost 30 pounds! I feel so much better and definitely have more energy. 


 I have an Etsy Shop called Turquoise & Trine. I love to make card keepsake books. Here is one that I recently made for a Bridal Shower.


• • • • • • • • • • •


My Handyman Hubby built this shelf for me and I love to change it out for the holidays/seasons! 

 4th of July ...

Valentine's Day ...


Decorated for Spring ...


Thanks so much for reading! I'd love
for you to come visit me at my BlogInstagram and Etsy.












Thank you again Kris for inviting me to be a part of Saturday Spotlight!




Thank you Lori for doing Spotlight this week.  It was fun to get to know you better.
Happy Saturday everyone.  Enjoy the week end.
Kris
:)


24 comments

  1. Very nice meeting Lori and learning all about her blog. I will be going over to check out her posts.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been reading Lori's blog for awhile now. Nice to see her here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THAT PUPSTER is hilariously cute...the way he/she is standing! Must be a bichon frisé? And turquoise and white are always a good match for any season, even Christmas!

    Kris, your spotlights are marvelous, helping us greet someone we'd otherwise never meet. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, so happy to meet you! I'm going to head over to see you right now, I'll bring the coffee!

    Kris, love Saturday Spotlight, so kind of you and it's an awesome way to meet some very special people! Thank you.
    Nancy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Kris, and thanks for another spotlight feature. I don't know Lori, but will certainly take time to visit her blog. Looks like a wonderfully friendly home and family.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been a follower of Lori's for some time. She has a wonderful blog and is a great person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just wanted to say thank you again Kris for featuring me! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lori has a wonderful blog and she and her hubby have done some amazing projects in their home. Lori and I found each other shortly after I started blogging and we actually live fairly close to each other. Wonderful feature, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for another spotlight and introducing us to Lori & her beautiful family. Isn't that the most adorable pup?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Kris for introducing us to Lori and her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris I look forward to Saturday's to read your spotlights. It's always fun to discover bloggers that I might not of ever known about. Lori I look forward to reading your blog, love your dog, so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was fun to learn about you, Lori! Good for you for making such strides with your health and fitness! Your pup is adoable!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the introduction, Kris. I'll hop over to Lori's blog and say "hi". Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kris, It's so nice to meet Lori on your feature today. I will go visit her site. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kris, thanks so much for introducing me to Lori! I took a look at her blog and her Etsy shop...love them both. I will have to visit her site more often and maybe even subscribe. Thanks again for a great share!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Kris. I always enjoy reading who is in the Spotlight. I am off to check out Lori's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks, Kris, for this feature. It is always such fun to meet someone new. I'm stopping by to say hi..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Another great Spotlight this week Kris. Love Lori's style and pops of color. Headed on over her to blog right now. Have a lovely weekend. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  19. I already checked out Lori on Instagram and now I will head over to check out her blog. That little Maltese is adorable.

    By the way, I wish you were on Instagram so I could get a pic or two everyday of your great decor.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely home, the dog is adorable and obviously, Lori is extremely talented! Thanks so much for sharing ~ off to check her blog.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice to get to know you a bit more. Aqua and turquoise are my favourite colours too and I adore hydrangeas. Cute pup and how great that you are choosing to be healthy as a couple.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    outdoor carpets abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

sponsor