Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger



 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


Bliss from Bliss-Ranch.com
January 17th


This week I am introducing you to a midwest blogger.  Bliss from Bliss-Ranch.com.  She is California raised but has settled and carved out a life on a Ranch in Minnesota.  So sit back and get to know Bliss.  Bliss and her hubby's DIY talents will amaze you.  Enjoy.





Hello to Junk Chic Cottage and Must Love Junk readers.  I'm Bliss and I have that DIY thing going on over at Bliss-Ranch.com.
Bliss-Ranch.com
When I was invited over here to share about my life I was flattered, and I do love to write, so I was excited.  Then I sat down to type.

About myself.

Hmmm.... I'm not near as excited now!

There are a lot of folks who make my blogging life fulfilling, which also crosses over into my day to day life, but I'm suppose to let you into a bit of the private side of the goings on at the ranch.

Barn Wood Coffee Table Bliss-Ranch.com
Barn Wood Coffee table made from Old Alberts Barn Door
Raised in Southern California till I was 21, it's like this.... you can take the girl outta California but you can't take California outta the girl.

No matter how far you move her and how much rural you put around her.

Half Moon Bay Crate Bliss-Ranch.com
Pine Wood Half Moon Bay Box
I wouldn't trade my rather quiet country life here in Minnesota, but if I was ever to move to the city I'll tell 'ya my heart would lead me to the California coast.

Upcycled Headboard to Mudroom Bench Bliss-Ranch.com
Headboard Turned Mudroom Bench
So what do you want to know?  That I'm married to the most wonderful man in the world?  Everyone says that, right?

Well I am.


First of all, that he puts up with me is amazing in and of itself (and probably everyone who knows me would say that) but he is crazy talented and over time some of it might have rubbed off on me.  He never learned the word can't especially when it comes to building things.

Brawn has his hand in just about everything I make on the blog.  Without him most projects wouldn't get done.

Mud Pie Station, Bliss-Ranch.com
Mud Pie Station
We have referred to ourselves as the brains and the "Brawn" of the operation for most of our married life, and finally the name stuck.  At least for him.  But if you would rather call me Brains than Bliss, have at it.

Our life has always consisted of DIY, building, and making the things that we wanted ourselves, that's nothing new to me, the only thing new is that now I blog about it.

We have six kids, which is really where my passion lies, but my blog isn't about my life as a mom, it's about the edges of that and making where we live a place we all want to be.

Painted Bin Tags Bliss-Ranch.com
Mudroom Bins Under Coat Cubbies
The ranch is plopped down in the middle of 25 acres, about 1/4 mile off the road in the trees - so no one can see me painting outside in my jammies - and about 3 miles from town.

Bliss-Ranch.com
Looking out the driveway toward the lake
It's a playground every season if you like the outdoors.

Bean Bag Toss Yard Art Bliss-Ranch.com
Bean Bag Toss Yard Art
We don't have any typical ranch animals, not that Brawn or one of the kids hasn't pondered that, but we do have chickens and ducks, which as near as I can tell, other than eggs, are worthless to have around since all I do is worry about them as if they were dogs and cats.

And all they do is leave duck "stuff" everywhere.

Nothing says welcome to our porch like "stuff" letting guests know a duck or two was just there.

Ducks Bliss-Ranch.com
The Crapping Quackers
 I wonder elsewhere how many UPS men are chased by ducks when they try to deliver a package?

The oldest offspring has blessed us with a couple of grandkids - yeah they pretty much have us wrapped around their fingers.  Young minds keep our minds young.

Pink Play Kitchen from Nightstand Bliss-Ranch.com
Pink Play Kitchen made from a nightstand
There is always something going on around here, and most of the time I enjoy the chaos because it usually involves laughter and food.

Vintage Radio Turned into a Bar
Among my friends I'm an open book, but on the blog I don't often chat about my day to day life.  Suffice it to say life is pretty good even when it doesn't go quite the way I'd like.

I'm kind of a wise azz and find humor in just about anything, and I'm known to say a swear word or two.

If I had to sum myself up I'd say I'm not near as nice as some people believe, but not as bad as others think.

Dining Room Chairs with a Vintage Grain Sack Look
Stopping in here at Junk Chic Cottage is a nice change of pace for me from painting and putting projects together, and I appreciate the invitation.  If you ever want to see what I'm up too....... everyone is welcome to stop in at the ranch.









Thank you Bliss for sharing your self with all of us.  Please hop over to meet Bliss and see her lovely blog.  She does some of the best DIY re loves I have ever seen in blogland.  I was so excited she said yes to Spotlight and wanted to share herself and blog with all of us.

Have a wonderful week end.
Kris
:)

36 comments

  1. Yes!! I love Bliss. She has always been the real deal to me and I love the projects she and Brawn turn out all the time. No, we will never truly know her. It's refreshing not to have all that other 'stuff' in our faces!!

    Love ya dear. You, too Kris! Another great feature!

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bliss, you are awesome! Fun to see you here and learn a little more about you. You have inspired more than one of my projects during my renovation. I love that you're a wise azz and your posts always make me smile. I do think I may start calling you Brainz now. Kris, you chose a very talented and wonderful blogger to feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bliss and her wise azz humor, not to mention her talents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very entertaining post! I will have to check out your blog! I am a builder wannabe, but my husband is not a builder at all. So all we have is Desire and Doesn't. I especially love your bench! Will have to keep my eyes open for a headboard!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Post.. loved the story around all the great projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris, It sure looks as if Bliss is very crafty and talented, along with her Brawny man. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delightful post...loved getting to know Bliss better!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bliss you dream up the coolest stuff EVER! Great feature Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm such a fan of Bliss -- her projects are amazing but the glimpses of her heart are what I love most. :)
    xo Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great spotlight post! I'll have to head over for some project inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The honor was all mine Kris, thank you for having me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE Bliss...she inspires me with her wonderful creativity and keeps me laughing with her wise azz humor. I was lucky enough to meet her once and sure hope to meet her again sometime. And I love the way she sums herself up...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved this! Bliss is one one of the first bloggers I ever followed - I think it's the California connection!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the post. Her projects are amazing and she has such a warm sense of humor! That play kitchen is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this! Such talent! I will have to check out her blog. :)
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Saturday Kris! Thanks for featuring Bliss, another blogger to follow for me! Bliss, I will say you are indeed creative and being Mother to 6 kids I'm sure have developed much patience and humor. Brawn is your guy with the tools and knows how to use them, I used Kris's description of her sweet Terry! Heading over to read posts on your blog...
    xx,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kris, I really loved this post and it looks like Bliss makes some really wonderful things. I enjoyed reading about her. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Luv her blog!! Her humour cracks me up. He talent... amazes me.
    Wonderful read ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I loved this, I've followed Bliss from the beginning and although she's very funny, I enjoyed this because it was almost like the lady underneath the wise cracks, the great and talented mother and grandmother we know her to be.
    Though I noticed the usual self-deprecation !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Bliss is my oldest (Blogging) friend. She's the one who leaked my pregnancy to the press. (On April Fool'sDay.)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great feature Bliss! Keep on keeping us laugh and keep on sharing your fabulous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Bliss! Love her honesty and humor and she's soooo talented! A great feature Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I follow Bliss's blog. She is so talented with all of the unique projects she comes up with. I'm completely jealous over all of her property! I didn't realize she lives on so much private acreage. Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Can't wait to meet Bliss!~~~wonderful feature and great talent!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bliss sounds wonderful - very down to earth and makes terrific items. I will be following her. Thanks Kris.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks, Kris. Neat. I've been following her on Bloglovin, and now I know who I'm following. xoox

    ReplyDelete
  27. fabulous projects! thanks for sharing her story, kris:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love, love, love Bliss's ingenuity and sense of humor. Her blog was one of the first I made a comment on, and she made me feel so welcome that I finally lost my "fear of leaving a comment on blogs", lol. Great feature!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loved reading this! I so wish we had some property like that! Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love this post! She is very talented and her sense of humor is great. The pink play kitchen is so adorable!!!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  31. omg she got so many cool projects and ideas. Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love a wise azz, especially yours, Bliss/Brains!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor