Saturday Spotlight Feature: Life Behind the Blogger






Happy 2015
New Year and New Spotlight Features

 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


Brooke: Creative Country Mom
January 3rd


Happy New Year everyone.  The first Spotlight Feature for 2015 is Brooke from Creative Country Mom blog.  Get your favorite beverage and sit back and enjoying reading about Brooke and getting to know about her and her lovely blog.
Then hop over and visit her beautiful blog.
Happy Saturday
Kris










Hello dear readers of Junk Chic Cottage!

My name is Brooke Kroeger of Creative Country Mom's Vintage Home and Garden.  I am so honored to be asked by Kris to share my home with you today!  I had a hard time choosing what to share, I love to design and decorate and I hope you do as well.  My style is Farmhouse/Country with lots of Shabby and Vintage as well.

We built our home in 2006 on over six acres of land alongside a 50 acre private lake.  It is the quintessential Indiana farmhouse...  3000 square feet plus a walkout basement that is unfinished.  We have a very large 10 foot deep porch and back decks to enjoy the 270 degree views of the water.

The kitchen is the heart of our home.  Our previous one was tiny and I dreamed of this much room for years.

My colors are very warm and welcoming... pumpkin, sage, deep reds and lots of creams and taupes.

I am not afraid to decorate all the way up the the ceiling and love to do wall displays.

A few month ago we removed all the carpeting and put down new floors and changed the entire look of our home.

I love to use all different types of wood tones and as many vintage pieces as possible.  Lots of different fabrics and loads of handmade lace and pillows.

I am an avid yard sale queen and flea market gal....  I love to decorate on a very small budget.

I collect loads of handmade treasures and keepsakes and display with the seasons.



One of my favorite projects is our vintage door headboard upcycle in our master bedroom.

Summers are spent in the pastel country themed front porch.


We have five outdoor cats and they love to have their photos taken for the site.
This one is mine... my Gypsy Rose, and yes... she is as spoiled as she looks.



But my true love is my Boston mix Miley.... she is the very best little dog.  We love our animals.


She loves to be with me out in the garden... here is a view of our backyard and the water.

Summers are long in Indiana and I love loads of color in my borders.

One of my favorite areas is my rose garden filled with over 40 different varieties.

I have so much more to show you!

To see more photos of my garden, click here.
To have a tour of my home, click here.
To see it decorated for the holidays, click here.

You can also follow me on FacebookPinterestGoogle Plus and Twitter

Thanks again to sweet Kris and I would love for you to follow me on my site.

Happy New Year!
~Brooke~


Thank you Brooke for being the first Spotlight Feature for 2015.  This was great to get to know you and learn more about your beautiful home.  Your summer garden flowers make my heart smile.  Thank you for sharing a little of yourself with us.

                                  Kris

22 comments

  1. Thanks for featuring...one of favorite blogs to follow! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found Brooke through my love of gardening and have followed her ever since. Nice feature!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brooke has a beautiful home, both inside and out! I love her pond and the lovely view it adds to her property.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love her garden!
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great feature! Always enjoy my visits to Brooke's beautiful home. Those gardens just make me sigh with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris, It's nice to see Brooke's home and garden. She is a very fun decorator. I love her bench corner, so very much. Who would not love a rose garden ?? Beautiful !! Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't mind living in a small space, in fact I am glad when it comes time to clean. But, seeing all the space Brooke has for sweet vignettes makes me a bit envious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brooke, it's so nice to meet you! I love your beautiful home and views, and adore your kitties! I also share your love of yard sales and flea markets-the best places to shop in my opinion! Thanks for sharing :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kris, thanks for featuring Brooke. I was drawn to her blog because of her beautiful gardens in the first place. Now it is nice to find out more about her home..Happy New Year..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brooke's home is so beautiful...I so love her many antiques and her gardens are just as beautiful....and must say the new floors are gorgeous!!!...Great feature Kris!!!...so nice to meet you Brooke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an absolutely beautiful home, inside and out! And of course those sweet little fur babies! Thanks for sharng...going to look some more at her wonderful blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous garden! I am dreaming of summer now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad that your spotlight is back, Kris! It's always fun to read more about the people I have met and meet new friends! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved seeing more of Brooke's home and garden, the rose garden is wonderful and already has me planning to create one of my own this year. Thankyou for featuring her this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kris thank you for showing Brooke and her home. I have always admired her blog. Oh, it makes me want a home and a real life again. Do you know a good single man! LOL Jo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brooke's blog is great and her home is gorgeous. Great blogger to feature, Kris! xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Brooke,

    Awesome to be invited in your sweet lovely home. Very special with your garden in the water.

    Hope you had a great end of the year 2014 and will have a blessed year 2015.

    Greetings,
    /CC

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh..i love her garden and home...such beautiful! Thanks for sharing.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loved reading this! What a beautiful home and garden! Love the pets too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. great write up! beautiful home and gardens--tfs, kris!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's so nice to meet Brooke. What a beautiful home! I'm heading over to see more :)
    Thanks Kris for another great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Such a charming and welcoming home...and little Miley and the kitties are sweethearts!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor