Dishwasher Up Date

I have received so many comments and emails on my dishwasher face lift.  I have tried to answer all the emails but some are a no reply so I thought I would update the information on how exactly we did the dishwasher facelift.

I am so excited so many of you loved this project and want to do it to your own dishwashers.  It was one of the easiest projects Terry and I have done so here we go.

This is the front of the dishwasher.  We took off that handle that was held on by two bolts to the front of the dishwasher.

Once that was removed.

Terry measured the front of the dishwasher and then cut a thin piece of wood that would fit over the front of the dishwasher.

We then painted the piece of wood white and then attached the chippy frames I had onto the piece of wood with wood staples and a staple gun.

Then we attached the white wood new front  to  the stainless steel front of the dishwasher with two sided tape to hold it in place.

Then Terry put a spacer between the wood front and the new chippy stair rail and the then bolted the stair rail into the holes already in the dishwasher from where the old handle hung.

Since we did not remove the  stainless steel front the dishwasher is insulated and the heat does not come through to the piece of wood so the two sided tape will hold.

Easy project and it is completely removable if need be and the old stainless steel handle can be reattached.  So it is all good.

Sorry I did not put all of this in my post.  So any of you interested in doing this very easy project to your dishwashers I hope this information will help.

Thank you for all your sweet comments on this project.  Hope if you were inspired by this you will try it on your own dishwasher.
It gives the dishwasher a little bit more personality.


Speaking of personality another blogger Sandy from For The Love of Whites sent me this picture she found of another blogger Maison Decor that painted her washer and dryer in pink polka dots.  Sweeeeeet and so so cute.
It is amazing what a little imagination and some paint can do to give your appliances some fun personality.  Come on you gotta love a pink polka dot washer and dryer!!!! Hey laundry happens and if you have to do it then might as well do it in something cute and fun right?!!!!! These would just make me smile every time I had to do laundry.






Have a wonderful week end.  Please come back on Saturday for Spotlight. We will be traveling across the pond.  I have an international blogger for you to meet and get to know. 
Kris
:)

30 comments

  1. Hi Kris
    Thank you so much for that. I can't wait to do this. I had no idea the handle came off the dishwasher. You explained the process so well. You are so creative!!! and I just love the washer and dryer. Adorable
    have a great day Kris.
    deezie

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I would never think of doing either of these! You are so smart. I love your dishwasher, and if I had my laundry on the same floor I would love that washer and dryer! I would like new appliances, but I don't understand what the big deal is about having stainless steel, other than it's "in."
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great project...I'm sure we will see lots of dishwashers getting face lifts now!!! I don't think my husband would be on board with painting the washer and dryer hot pink with polka dots though!!! LOL
    Have a great weekend!!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok it all makes comes together now that I hear about the tape. Brilliant idea and thanks for the update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was interesting to read how your husband did that. I wondered myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pink polka dot wouldn't do it for me, except that she also has that pig hanging above them. It ties it all together and is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Kris, I figured you must have used double sided tape but had to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish that we owned our home so that we could do something like this....it is fabulous!
    JP

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much easier then I would have thought.

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris,
    You are very generous to share your project steps. What you and Terry accomplish in reworking architectural pieces into new creations is nothing short of brilliant. I would love to see a video one day of you and Terry building something. As I am sure there's lots of laughter and I can almost hear "what about doing this".
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! you can't even tell its a dishwasher. What a great idea. I saw where some have painted their refrigerators with Chalk paint I am thinking about trying it on an older one we have.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way your dishwasher looks!!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am amazed...again!! Great job! I would have never thought to do that. LOVE it!!
    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all were so clever to be able to envision how you wanted your dishwasher to look, then make it happen! Love that! That washer and dryer sure make for a cheery laundry room! Love that clock in there too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I never could pull this off! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What an absolutely amazing transformation! You two make a wonderful team! I LOVE this project and would love to give it a go! Thanks for the inspiration K!

    ReplyDelete
  17. omg that laundry room is too awesome!!!! Your dishwasher is totally amazing....what an idea!!! Christine from Little Brags

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kris, The washer/dryer made me laugh. So darn cute for doing laundry and loving it. I think your dish washer is now a perfect fit in your kitchen. The stainless did not look bad, but the new front just looks so much more like it fits right in. You and your Terry are a great team. Blessings, stay warm this weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well I was wondering how you did that! Thanks for sharing. Wow...that washer and dryer look so cool. I thought I was brave to put washi tape on mine...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness, I need some fun in my laundry room!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That does sound like a fairly simple project. My dishwasher has too many button on the front of it to cover it up, however, since I NEVER use it, I guess it wouldn't matter if I covered it all up - lol!! Have a super weekend - stay warm! Blessings, Cindy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Did I miss what kind of double sided tape you used? Is the front of your dw flat or curved? LOVE your creativity!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Barbara,
      It was a two sided Gorilla tape from Home Depot. The front of my dishwasher is flat. Hope that helps.
      Kris

      Delete
  23. Thanks for all the details – you have inspired so many people this wk with your creativity I think for fun you should run a little contest. Not for a big prize or anything but just so people send their pictures in of what they create from a spark from your dishwasher blog – it would be fun to see you post them as a collection! Junk Chic refacing has so many possibilities – can’t wait to see what you do with your fridge and stove. If Terry can figure out how to reface a washer/dryer that would be something! I am thinking about refacing my drab bathroom vanity in this style too – thanks for a solution to all my blah pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a brilliant idea Kris! That looks awesome. Very inspiring idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those appliances don't even feel like work I bet! Loading dishes, loading laundry has just got to be just short of a treat with them looking so cute. Thanks for sharing - just love it.

    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  26. I loved to read about your projects steps. You and your husband are a great and unique team!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kris! Thanks for the additional information. I just love the way this looks! That pink polka dot washer and dryer is so perky! Love it when appliances don't stick out like a sore thumb! Have a great Sunday! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, Kris! What a clever way to disguise a modern appliance to fit in with your farmhouse style! You and your hubby make it all look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love, love, love your dishwasher! That is amazing. As for the washer and dryer, I am not a pink person but it looks great. I could see mind in black and white.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor