Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind The Blogger




Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 
October 11
Victoria from Trois Petites Filles





This week I have a special blogger I have just recently found and am getting to know.  Victoria from Trois Petite Filles.  I love her sense of style and her touches of Shabby Chic and French throughout her home.  I love that she decorates with her beautiful art work.  Please sit down with a great beverage and enjoy reading and getting to know Victoria.



Thank you so much Kris for inviting me to be a part of the series.  Hi everyone!  I am Victoria and I am a blogger at Trois Petites Filles.


My girls and I live in a small ranch home in a even smaller town in Massachusetts.  I am a big city girl living in a quiet little place.




Since I started blogging less than a year ago, I have met so many inspiring women but I know it is hard to get to know each other fully over the web.  So I figure I will share a few moments in my life that really shaped me as a person.  My parents shipped me off to the states two months before my 15th birthday.  I didn't speak a word of English and on top of that...get ready for it...I had a shaved head.  I cringed even thinking about it.  It involved a bad hair dyed job and they thought it would be better to shave it all off then to dye it back to black? So imagine a fifteen years old with no hair and not a word of English.  There are few moments in my life that really changed and shaped the core of me.  I had a very different life back home.  We grew up with maids and drivers.  I am sure back then I felt a bit invincible.  I think a month after I got to Boston, I was taking a bus back from school and these two boys were trying to talk to me.  I just didn't understand what they were saying so I didn't say anything back.  As I was stepping down the bus, one of them kicked me from behind and I fell.  That moment stuck with me to this day.  As I cried the whole way back home, I felt so humbled.  I knew I had to let go of that old image of myself.  I was no better than anyone else.  I needed that moment to really ground me and my feet has never left the ground since.


Our home is a very eclectic home.  To me it is used as a blank canvas for me to experiment with different art projects and mediums.  My love for art started during senior year of high school.  I took a ceramic class and my life began.  I was obsessed.  I mean couldn't eat or sleep kind of obsessed.  I have never felt that kind of high before.  The main reason for me starting a blog is to find that high again.  And boy, do I feel it.  Our whole house is one big art project.  I am actually running out of wall and appliances and furniture to play with.





Most of my time is spent running after my two mini me.  Bella is five and a half and Aurora is three and a half.  Bella is observant and sensitive artist and Aurora...she is a firecracker. We love fashion.  Fashion is a huge part of our life and a way for us to express ourselves.  We are also avid readers.  The girls and I are starting the Harry Potter series and I am pretty sure I am way more excited about it than they are.







Boy, am I in trouble with these two?  We are so happy you ladies got to know us a little bit better.  I hope you will visit us more often!


Thank you Victoria for sharing your self with all of us.  Your girls are just too cute.  Wow to be sent to this country without knowing the language and how mean and cruel those boys were to you.  So happy you rose above all of that and carved out a great life for yourself.  Now that you have gotten to know Victoria please hop over to Susan's blog and meet another wonderful blogger Cindy from Old Time Farmhouse.

Happy Saturday.  Have a wonderful week end.
Kris






23 comments

  1. How beautiful are you and your girls! Your creativity is truly inspiring! Please, give us more. Your life story is a testimony to overcoming challenges. It wrenches my heart to hear how cruel those young boys were. You GO girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Victoria is new to me. What an inspiring story! And such a beautiful family! I'm definitely heading over to see more! Thank you Kris! Another great feature :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely story! Her family is fantastic and her home is gorgeous
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Victoria, it's so great to meet you and your beautiful girls!! I love your positive attitude and how you've overcome so many obstacles to live a wonderful, creative life! Thanks for sharing with us :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, Thank you for featuring Victoria. She is a sweet beauty and her daughters are also. I love Victoria's artistic talent. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kris, I feel honored to be a part of this series. Thank you so much for thinking of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, I have enjoyed getting to know Victoria a little better. I do love your Spotlight series so much. It's such a unique series and allows us to get to know sweet people like Victoria. I have seen bits and pieces of her home after visiting her blog though link parties. She is a wonderful photographer, decorator and artist! Such darling girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gigi,
      I love to have this series and it has been well received. I cannot wait to put you in the spotlight next Saturday. I will be excited to feature you.
      Kris

      Delete
  8. Happy Saturday Kris! I'm already a follower and admire our inspirational Victoria and her beautiful girls. I've read Victoria's about me page but didn't know just how many obstacles she had placed in her way. Gosh 15 in a foreign land and not understanding the language seems like a frightening experience. I hope she was placed with relatives who helped her overcome the difficulty. I love Victoria's fearless style and her love of the girls just warms my heart. A fun free spirited style of shabby chic/French with a touch of Boho. Love her blog, love her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Victoria is so incredibly talented, and I love her inspirational and beautiful blog! Her girls are so darling!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! I can't even imagine how you felt. I came as a teen as well Victoria, but I spoke English. That was a HUGE help although my accent was not (still isn't ) right. :) Quite Brit! But I was at home in a way as my daddy came with us and all my dad's family was in NYC, so it was like coming home, a little. A luvly blog and a luvly family.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, how fun to meet Victoria and her precious Mini Me's.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kris, thank you for sharing Victoria and her lovely blog and darling girls. She is incredibly talented and it was so fun to meet her.
    Have a great week.
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Kris,
    How well I know this lovely lady, Victoria is a doll, and I love her life story in the short of it. She has found her calling in up-styling pieces, and creating on the the walls of her home that become her canvas.
    I tell Victoria, all the time how much she reminds me of the younger year of the artistic designer Tracey Porter.

    You chose a beautiful lady to feature.
    See you soon beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing all you create through the holidays.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful family and blog!! Nice to meet Victoria.....what wonderful talent she has! LOVE some of her furniture pieces....I am her newest follower! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great story! How interesting. I love this! What darlings, mommy too! Thanks Kris for adding a new friend to our lists.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh what a sweet featured blogger! She and her daughters are stunning beauties! I love their home and fashion sense! I love her success story - finding herself, overcoming so many difficult obstacles.

    Thanks, Kris, for introducing us to a fine family. I am going over to her blog and get to know her better.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Victoria is beautiful inside and out. When she starts a project she turns it into an adventure!! And her daughters are precious!

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have visited Victorias blog a few times and she has such amazing talent! Her and her girls are just darling! Love the precious photo of the little one in heels! I really enjoyed learning her life story! Thanks for sharing it!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kris, thank you for introducing us to Victoria and her precious girls. I'm headed over to her blog right now to see more of her incredible artistic talent and leave a comment for her. I'm so impressed with how she overcame the bullying she received. Wow! Great story! Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Victoria's home and blog and so nice to read more about her and her life....kids are so cruel...and I am so happy that she rose above it and created such a wonderful life here for herself and her family....wonderful feature Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  21. darling little girls--thanks for sharing your story with us, victoria! love your creative style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Victoria, Thanks for sharing a little bit about yourself and Kris thanks for introducing us to her! Wow! You would never guess from the outside of your house what surprises the I side holds. Very French looking and you're an amazing artist! your girls are Bsolutely adorable and little fashionistas! now I'm off to visit your blog.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor