Sweet Surprise

Today as I was rushing through my day trying to get as much done as I can with Christmas only one week away  when I got a little Act of Kindness that I would like to share with all of you.

Susan from Must Love Junk and I have become friends over this past year in blogland.  We met last summer when Susan and her hubby Keith were visiting Chicago.  Susan and I hit it off right away and have been good friends since.

Today I received a cute little package from my buddy and I wanted to show it off and say Thank You.  


Inside the box was this light grey and white stenciled box with a crown hanger and little horn playing cherub.  Susan knows how I am changing and embracing light grey with my tan and white decor .

Look how stickin cute that cherub and box are.  I think Susan told me she got this from her friend Lori's shop in Ohio near where Susan lives.  It is chippy and oh so me.  Love this box.  I have already moved it around the house to several places to see where I want it to hang.  I am like a little kid with a new toy.



The cherub is making his way around my house.  Right now he is in my garden planter in the transformed hall bathroom.  I think he looks super cute in the garden planter for some Christmas decor.





We have so many sweet angels in our lives and Susan is not only a sweet angel but a wonderful friend.  Thank you Susan for thinking of me and sending me these sweet treasures.

It was a nice distraction to slow down today and open my box and see that a special angel was thinking of me with this lovely gift.  This is what the season is about when you can stop for a minute and know someone special took time to think of you in a special way.

I LOVE It and You my wonderful bloggy friend.
Kris
:)


28 comments

  1. Awe....so pretty!! When you're a blessing to others.....you will be blessed!! I will be posting soon on some of my blessings I have received......Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore cherubs! What a wonderful friend you have to give you such a precious gift. Happy Holidays!
    Patty at Home and Lifestyle Design

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty gift and so you, Kris. Looks really good in your planter.
    Merry Christmas....
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Kris, you melted my heart with this sweet post!! I'm so glad that you love your goodies-I thought that they were so 'you'!
    You have the most generous, thoughtful heart and you deserve all the blessings that come your way! Merry Christmas, dear friend :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You two are so cute together! Susan, I love the cherub, and you were so thoughtful to choose the grey for Kris. Merry Christmas to you both!

      Delete
  5. That's so sweet! Maybe someday I will get to meet you in person too! We are at the Drake Hotel right now! We come up from Indy occasionally! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet friend you have.....and that is the cutest little cherub too :o)
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was such a sweet gift, Kris! It is so YOU! Susan is also a lovely girl and I'm glad that I met at least one of you! lol! Let's hope we can all get together in 2014! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. A good friend is a true treasure! The gray box with crown....my heart is pounding! So beautiful!!! Love the cherub too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a generous person and great friend so it is no surprise that you would receive the perfect gift.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Susan is such and thoughtful lady…you are so fortunate to have each other as great friends…love that blogging has brought so many of us together…such a awesome group to be a part of…Love the cherub and box…Susan has great taste!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aw, Kris- I am so glad that you and Susan are friends. She is one of my favorite people in blog land! Just a lovely person. AND she gives good presents, too, I see! I love it and it suits you perfectly. Hope you had a good day- I was on a dead run all day long-tomorrow, too! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet surprise from Susan!! It it the most wonderful feeling when we actually get to meet our blogging friends.
    hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  13. How wonderful to have met someone in blogland! What a lovely treasure....the friend and the box!
    Merry Christmas!
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aren't bloggers some of the most special people on earth? I have gotten several unexpected cards from bloggers and it just makes my day. Merry Christmas to you and yours Kris.....a very special blogger too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kris it IS stinking cute!! I'm in love with it too! What a sweet friend to send you such well loved treasures. It's so wonderful to have special bloggers become real friends in your life. Marie and I are the same way, something clicked instantly and we are such dear friends now. There may be a lot of miles between Ohio & Mississippi but blogging and phone make them disappear!

    Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and the Happiest of New Years!!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Edie,
      Yep it is amazing the friendships that can be made through blogging. I started my blog a little over a year and half ago and have made some truly wonderful friendships. Susan is the best. Thank you for your friendship and wonderful visits to my blog. Have a very Merry Christmas. I see you are a noreply comment blogger so I hope you will come back to see this message from me.
      Kris

      Delete
  16. So cute and lovely of Susan to be so thoughtful!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  17. Susan picked out the perfect gift for you, Kris! Your little cherub looks like he likes his new home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful and lovely surprise from Susan. I just adore that you have become close!!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet gift! I love it! That little cherub is adorable and the box is so cute! Such a thoughtful thing for Susan to do. She definitely is a sweetie! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the crowned box and chubby cherub!--susan has such a wonderful style decorating and gift giving! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a sweet and special friend you have! I love cherubs and your gifts are marvellous
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a wonderful and beautiful gift! Blogland friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor