DIY Lamp Shades Up Do

Happy Thursday everyone.  I have been getting so DIY of late.  Here is my latest creation.  

I had these lamp shades I made awhile back for the chandelier in my bedroom.  I decided to change them up some for the chandelier in my living room.


I just took white chandelier shades and added the rosette trim to the bottom and then used cream colored buttons on the top of the shade.  I used my hot glue gun and it was easy peasy.

I had these buttons that I bought at the flea market a few years ago.  Did not know at the time what I would do with them but glad I bought the jar of them for $3.

I used the rosette trim I got at Jo Ann Fabrics around the base.  Love when all I have to do is hot glue gun something.

Here is the new look I gave them.  I just used a sharp craft blade and sliced out the material part of the shades.  It was pretty easy.

Here is the before and after.

I love the look these give to my chandelier in the living room.

I did not want to overwhelm the chandelier with the heavy feel of the original shades.  By opening them up they give a little bling to the chandelier but keep that open look I want in this room.  I just wanted to enhance the chandelier not make it heavy and fussy with the shades.

There you have it another DIY Re purpose what you already have look.  I love to re make old things into new.
Hope this week is going great for all of you.  We have had the best weather the last few days.  Loving this summer low 70's weather.
Please come back on Saturday for another Spotlight of two talented bloggers.  You will love learning about these two very talented ladies on my blog and Susan's blog.
Kris
:)
Sharing at Thursday Favorites Things
Sharing with What's it Wednesday
Sharing with Treasure Hunt Thursday
Sharing with Blissful White Wednesday
Sharing with Simple and Sweet Friday's
Sharing with Shabbilious Friday
Sharing with Be Inspired Friday

32 comments

  1. Good morning Kris. Cuuute!
    Hugs, gee

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a great idea.i love the rose trim-love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW do you keep coming up with these idea Kris???
    I'm so glad I know you now - before you become an empire like Martha Stewart - because you really are going to take me to Hawaii -
    You promised - and I've kept the email just in case............
    It's gorgeous - absolutely gorgeous- pinning it now!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kris, I love the shades..At first I thought, cut the material away?..but the final product is just right. You certainly have an eye for decor. xoxo,Susie
    p.s. we are having some sweet weather also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shades turned out great! I have a lamp I tried to do this with. It is still missing something though. I will have to work on it.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love thee...nothing cuter than a lamp embellishment. What a cute difference Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your shades are adorable, very pretty thank you for sharing.. with love Janice..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gutsy! I still have a phobia in deconstructing things....even a lampshade (they are not cheap!). Maybe one of these days, though, with trailblazers like you & others showing no fear! Your projects always turn out great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are beautiful - so clever how you cut out the fabric. I love that look, but I don't have any lamps where that look would work.

    This is obviously not your sewing project - which means you have some more fun posts coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! I'm already looking forward to Saturday. Working on translating your answers! I'll let you know when I'm finished.

    Goedele

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun and creative is this. I would never have thought to remove the cloth sides, but this looks so pretty. Great idea. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute are these! Thanks for sharing. I cant tell you enough how inspiring I find your blog and so many. The idea's people share keeps my head spinning and realizing that even as little creativity I have I can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new look, they are just adorable. I think you are going to start a new trend with that DIY project:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wasn't sure at first when I saw you cut the fabric off, but they look great on the chandelier!
    Debbi
    -yankeeburrow

    ReplyDelete
  15. Drum roll please.... another fab decor piece from the lovely and talented Kris! Love them, they are delicate and airy and look perfect on the chandy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. great idea and its looks so shabby chic
    love the buttons

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are pretty! I have decided I am going to go shadeless in the summer and have shades in the winter...so I will be making some soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kris: I just clicked onto an entry from Rooted in Thyme because it interested me and would you believe, it was YOU. I would believe it..Such a sweet and pretty idea. So like you..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your new shades look so pretty on that chandelier. I liked the old ones too! lol Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kris,
    What a super neat and thrifty idea...they look GREAT!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are so adorable. I liked them before you cut the fabric out too :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kris, these turned out so fun! You go, with your crafty self! ;)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kris- Well, aren't you clever? Did you know when you started gluing that you were going to cut the fabric away? Those are just so darling-I love the way they look- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your lamp shades turned out great and are so cute!!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. They are adorable! LOVE the trim! Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful shades Kris! Love the transformation.I am falling for simpler shades too <3
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  27. too cute, kris! love the roses trim, esp!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like the idea of refurbishing what you have. Love your blog and will be back for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor