Blogger's Meet Up and Tattered Tiques

Hope your week is going great.  I am meeting up with Anne from White Lace Cottage and Jane from Blondie's Journal on Thursday.  They are meeting here at my house and then I am taking them to my favorite shop Tattered Tiques and then back to my house for lunch.  I have meet Anne before but this will be the first time I meet Jane in person. Jane is also having her daughter that is an interior design consultant come along too.   I am excited to meet up and have a great shopping time and then lunch to get to know each other better.

Here is my table and little favors I did for our luncheon.


I love to have pretty flowers all over the house to welcome in my guests.

These Hydrangeas were left here from the photographers that were here in the week to shoot some pictures of my house for an upcoming magazine feature.  (More about that at a later date) I love that they left these beauties with me.   They are so pretty.


I made up some cute favor bags for each girl.  Just little brown paper gift bags that I embellished with some tissue flowers I made.  I remember making these for decorating the cars when there was a wedding in the family. Easy to make and gives the bags a little bling.

Inside each bag is a pretty handmade pen with a rose flower top and some really cute note cards I found at HomeGoods with chandeliers on the cards and envelopes. Too cute.  I am also tucking in a sweet and salty snack.
I also made an extra bag for putting pretty flowers in for my centerpiece.
I have my favor bags all ready to give each of the girls.  I also hung a little chalk board sign for each bag.  They can use these at home to decorate just about anything with a cute saying.

Pulled out my linen napkins and my cute little chippy bird cage napkin rings to help start the table setting.



My deck off the dining room is ready if anyone wants to sit outside.  It is suppose to be getting humid and a lot warmer here by Thursday so not sure the deck will be as inviting!!! It is ready in any case.

This is where I  like to sit and relax on a nice summer afternoon with my magazines or my ipad and catch up on pinterest.


Well off to the grocery store to get my ingredients to make the lunch.  I am going to try a quiche recipe that I found on Pinterest and maybe a fruit salad to go with.  I am making homemade blueberry muffins and I have a great summer desert for the girls.  I am excited to meet up with Jane and her daughter and Anne.
Hope your week is going great.
Kris
:)

35 comments

  1. You are always so sweet and thoughtful! I hope you all have a great time together and enjoy every moment. Sure do wish I could join in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kris, you are SUCH a great hostess! Your gifts are terrific, and the house looks super, as usual. Can't wait to hear about the newest publication!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything! Your deck is beautiful and my green eyed monster of jealously is coming out! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all looks so beautiful Kris - what a hostess - those gift bags are such a thoughtful touch ( I'd be happy with just the bag actually - how gorgeous :)
    Hope you all have a wonderful day!!!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful day you will have! So fun getting together with other bloggers. I'm sure they will feel very special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kris, I love that you are meeting Jane and her daughter. It's so wonderful that you all live near each other and do this. Your table is so sweet. I absolutely love your deck.Please hug everyone for me. Blessings for a great day. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks beautiful, Kris! I'm sure you will have a great time. The deck looks great, even if it does turn out to be too hot to sit out there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your deck is beautiful and I can't believe how huge those hanging baskets have become. Enjoy your day of shopping:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun Kris! I haven't met any other bloggers in person. Your house and yard are so beautiful. Just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Que maravilla de terraza,es impresionnte,se ve cuidada y bonita.Un saludo desde España!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What lucky guests.I love the flowers maybe you should do a post on how to make them as I am sure there are plenty of us who would like to know how to make them.Also I just adore your napkin rings where did you get them from? have a great lunch with your friends -love dee x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the bags! It looks like y'all will be having a lot of fun.

    xoxo,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris, that sounds like so much fun. Your home is beautiful and welcoming.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds like such a lovely time!!! You are so sweet to make everything so special for your friends like those darling gift bags. BTW, I love the iron base table in the first photo. Have you always had that? It's beautiful and it adds a nice texture with the glass top to the room.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wah...Wahh..Wahhhh- I wanna come- I wanna come- I wanna come! Oh-What FUN you girls will have. Jane's daughter is a sweetie, too, from what I have read on Jane's blog. You don't suppose she brought her along for reinforcement in case you were a mass murderer disguised as a blogger, do you?;>) Just a thought! It looks BEAUTIFUL, Kris, inside AND out! I am so jealous of your back area...well...your HOUSE'S back area that is- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kris,
    This sounds like so much fun. Oh how I would love to meet you, Jane and Anne...hope it's okay to be a little jealous:) The treat bags are darling and I know that they will love them. Now onto other things...a magazine shoot? Oh how exciting...I can't wait to hear more about it...CONGRATS my friend!!!! Tel Anne and Jane hello for me.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. kris, you would make such a great party planner! love your gift bags and those big flowers:) can't wait to see your publication:)--congrats! enjoy your fun day with the gals!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my I would never want to leave your home. It is beautiful. I love the deck. I love how you added a rug. So perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are going to have the best time...wish i could come! Would love to see your beautiful home in person!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It sounds like you are the perfect hostess! I think the little bags are so thoughtful, and so pretty. I hope you all have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kris - how pretty everything looks! I know you all will have a great time. Enjoy!

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  22. Everything looks so pretty!! It is so great to meet up with fellow bloggers. I've been blessed to have met some too. Can't wait to hear all about it.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! So pretty. I never thought of giving gifts to my special guests! I LOVE the straw hat; that's something my daughter could have fun doing to one her hats.

    Thank you for your visit and sweet comment.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Kris! This is fantastic! I adore the goodie bags with the tissue roses and the matching centerpiece - even what's inside the bags is precious! What a fun idea and you really know how to make things special! Your deck flowers still look fantastic! So lush and full of color! Gorgeous setting or backdrop for a gathering! Enjoy and I hope that you'll be posting pictures and details afterwards! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  25. Kris, you always have the most perfect, thoughtful touches! (You sure gave me the special treatment when I was visiting :)
    You girls are gonna have a ball-they're gonna love Tattered 'Tiques!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  26. I can just hear you girls now, talking a mile a minute. It's going to be a fabulous meet-up. But it would be so much better with me there. :) just kiddin'! I got to meet Anne at Shop the Shed a year ago May. What a doll and I love Blondie to death. Please tell them hi for me. Have fun! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love how you embellished the bags. I am going to pin that idea for sure. And those birdcage napkin holders...... took my breath away! I have a fabulous collection of napkin holders, but I always seem to use paper napkins. ha ha ha go figure.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, how exciting, and the girl talk and shopping, what a treat!! I love what you have done for the favors, simply gorgeous. I hope you ladies have great fun and find some goodies to share.

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  29. awww exciting, love to sit on your deck, simply gorgeous and love all your photos

    ReplyDelete
  30. Those are such sweet gift bags and your friends should feel very special! I love the bird cage napkin holders and of course I do love that porch!!!! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have briefly met Anne - at the Midwest blogger's meet-up this past spring - she is lovely, from what little I got to know of her! And Jane and I email all the time and have met in person for lunch - she's awesome! I haven't met her daughter though (or any of her other kid). Your luncheon table and deck look so perfect and fancy and how sweet you are for making gift bags for everyone. You all will have a blast! A question for you: how to you keep your flowers so huge and lush?

    ReplyDelete
  32. what a fancy fun chippy shabby day your will all have.

    your deck is just so pretty with those huge pots of pink flower's dripping down

    sounds like a day I would definitely enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  33. OMG, y'all are going to have such fun. Your hanging baskets on your deck are stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness! How fun. I love the little goody bags you made. You put so much thought into everything. What a gracious hostess you are! I can't wait to hear all about this get together.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I don't know how I missed this post. I am so envious that you got to spend time with Anne and Jane. You must have had so much fun. And, I LOVE your goodie bags.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor