Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger


Ricki Jill from Art @ Home

 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.

This week I am honored to introduce you to Ricki Jill from Art @ Home.  Not only is she talented and creative she has a big and kind heart.  So enjoy getting to know Ricki Jill and then head over to say Hi on her blog. 



Hello!  My name is Ricki Jill Treleaven, and my blog is Art @ Home.  I'm so humbled that Kris asked me to write a post for her Saturday Spotlight.  Thanks so much, Kris!  :D

I'll tell you about myself first, and then I'll tell you a little bit about my blog.  I've been married to my college sweetheart for 27 years, and we have two daughters: Shanley Belle, who's a graduate student in Communicative Disorders at the University of Alabama (Roll Tide!) and Shelley Angèle, who's eighteen and a senior in high school.  I homeschool Shelley and we're often interrupted by our naughty Westie named Finlay.  I'm a former high school English teacher and an artist.  I also have a fairly new second blog, Meditation of my He{art}, for my art journaling and art prayer journaling.




I was trying to think of what in the world to write about as far as introducing my blog to y'all because my blog is not very defined....it tends to be "all over the place" like my life!  So I think I'll just share with you my Top Ten List of stuff I like to blog about.

10.  Family Life.  Although we're almost empty nesters (both girls were living at home when I first started blogging) I still like to share about my family with my readers, especially homeschooling.


Shelley's first day of school 2015



9.    MacKenzie-Childs   We've collected MacKenzie-Childs majolica since we married.  You'll see our collection from time to time on my blog!



MacKenzie-Childs flower frog



Honey pot


8.    Home Decor  I love fluffing the nest and sharing it on my blog.


My art studio



Our kitchen


I enjoy tablescapes for all seasons!



7.    Finlay   He's naughty and full of Westietude!






6.    Recipes   I enjoy cooking for my family and sharing recipes with my readers.  I have a recipe page on my blog with links to the recipes I've posted.  My buttermilk pie and iCarly spaghetti tacos recipes are two readers' favorites!


Southern Bourbon Balls



Strawberry Lemonade Muffins



5.    Crafting   I wish I had time for more crafting because I love it!  Whenever I have time for crafts I try to write posts about them and share.




4.    Link Parties   I enjoy link parties, like the Mad Tea Party.  You can read more on my Link Parties page.





3.    Flowers    I love, love, *love* flowers...and anything with flowers on it!







2.    Art    True to the name of my blog, I do write about art (usually on Mondays).


"Peonies in Mercury Glass"



Some of my paintings in various stages 


1.    Books    Hello!  My name is Ricki Jill and I'm a bookaholic!  I write a weekly post on Fridays (Literary Friday) that's also a link party.  So if you read a good book (it can be about anything....I shared a recipe book last Friday!) please write a post and join in on the literary fun!  ;P



Thanks again, Kris, for inviting me to share my blog with your readers.  You're the *sweetest*

xo,
Ricki Jill









-- Blessings! Ricki Jill Art @ Homericki-treleaven.blogspot.com

Thank you Ricki Jill for sharing yourself with us.  It was fun getting to know you better. Finlay is too cute.  Hope everyone has a great week end.
Kris
:)

26 comments

  1. Hey Kris and RJ...I'm so glad to see this post because I love you both! Rick Jill makes for a wonderful post...I've been a blog fan for years. I need to catch up with you, RJ, and I have to say I love this picture of you. Shelley looks so much like you. i miss your book reviews.

    Happy weekend to you both! :)

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ricki's art! She is so talented!! It was fun to learn more about her and her sweet family. Her pooch is so cute too!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricki looks like an interesting person and her art is beautiful. So happy to have been introduced to her blog by you. I'll be visiting her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, ya got me at the Westie....those guys really take over the terrain and claim it as their own and steal my heart every time. teeeeehee

    HI KRIS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have followed Ricki Jill for a long time, Kris. She is just a sweetheart and SOO talented that it is unbelievable...she paints, she writes, she styles, she reads, she teaches...she is just THAT GAL. I'd kinda hate her except she is so nice and kind and huble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great to meet Ricki Jill. Can't wait to go explore her blog!
    Joanne @ Sea Glass Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been enjoying RJ's blog from day one. She's so sweet and talented. Truly, most of what she does is a step up from most of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris I always love when you introduce us to a blogger on Spotlight that I wasn't aware of. Ricki Jill seems like a lot of fun and I will be following her posts ... But what about that adorable, did I mention adorable, sweet Finlay in the plaid jacket. i wonder how his name came about.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our niece chose his name. It means white warrior in Scottish Gallic.

      Delete
  9. I'm hooked! Her photos are gorgeous and of course she seems super sweet! Off to visit in person. I hope you're having a wonderful weekend, Kris. Sending you smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris, Rickie is so interesting and fun. I loved her art work. So i'll go check her blog. Hope you are doing well, enjoying some of this fall weather. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ricki Jill is one of my favorite bloggers and I loved seeing her different loves all put together in one place today.

    A great choice of bloggers to highlight today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kris, Ricki Jill is so talented and I'm so glad that you found her. Looks like another wonderful blogger to follow and learn from. Thank you Kris! Loves, Jo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun!! Ricki Jill is so fun and I do enjoy her book reviews.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun post. Ricki Jill sure is a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ricki Jill so nice to get to know you better and you are a talented artist. Are you That Girl?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful daughter, cute pup, gorgeous flowers, delicious looking food, art, pillow fluffing. . .what's not to love? Thanks for the introduction, Kris. I'm off to visit Ricki Jill's blog. xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  17. enjoyed reading this!
    RickiJill is such a great person..it's fun to read more about her!
    thanks for featuring her:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for spotlighting one of my favorites! I've followed Ricki Jill for years. We both have a love and passion for MacKenzie-Childs as well as many other things. Great post, RJ! '-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kris, thanks for introducing us to RickiJill - my goodness her art is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you, Kris, for featuring me. My goodness, I'm blushing furiously due to the kind comments from your readers. Thanks to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Ricki Jill. She is a wonderful blogger!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice to meet Ricki Jill! What gorgeous artwork! I'm heading right over to check out that buttermilk pie, and spaghetti tacos!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Ricki Jill's blog, it always inspires me. And I admired so much when she weighed her priorities and put aside the blog for a while to focus on homeschooling. Clearly she does well whatever it is that she does. But I'm so glad she's back blogging again!

    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    fake grass in abu dhabi

    ReplyDelete

sponsor