Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger



Benita from Chasing Quaintness



 Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


Good Saturday to all of you.  This week in Spotlight I have a fairly new person to blogging.  She just started up her blog this year.  I love that she reached out to me as a new blogger and said yes to doing Spotlight.  I told her Spotlight is a good way to have bloggers find her and get to know her.  So enjoy reading and getting to know Benita from Chasing Quaintness.




I cannot tell you all how thrilled I am to be on Kris’s Spotlight Saturday!  I wasn’t quite sure how to write about me, so I decided to use facts and filler.

My first blog post was January 31, 2015.  I was terrified.  I’m still terrified!

I’m Alabama born and raised.  I do not like the colors orange and blue. ;-)

I moved from Birmingham to Dallas in 2011 and from Dallas to Nashville in November 2014.  The hubby is giving me a tour of the country – in no particular order.

I’m currently in menopause.  It started when I was 2 years old.  I don’t remember reading about the curse of menopause in the Bible.  I think it was skipped --  on purpose.

I’ve been married to the current hubster for 7 years.  We met at a “haunted barn”.   We wanted to get married on Halloween and have everyone attend in costume.  The bestie nixed that so we got married on the 4th of July. We like that the entire United States celebrates our wedding anniversary!  Here is a photo from our wedding…sheesh, look how skinny.  Menopause took care of that! 


Menopause started 6 months after we were married…send my hubby gifts and lots of “poor guy” messages.  He doesn’t know the “real me” only the menopausal maniac I’ve become.  He is 10 years younger and doesn’t deserve a menopausal wife, but… here we are.  Sorry about our faces...my little Samsung camera automatically airbrushes your face.  I don't understand why it thinks everyone's face has wrinkles!


I’m a pinner not a tweeter.  I can’t say anything in 140 characters or less.

I’m a girly girl.  I don’t like to get dirty.  Maybe that’s why my craft projects fail.

I wear gloves for everything…washing dishes, dusting, vacuuming, painting, potting plants, watering plants, mopping the floors, washing my car, emptying the trash…you get the picture.  The gloves are pink.

I will not play sports.  The fear of a breaking a nail is just too great.  I do ride a bike.

I’ve never had a broken bone, but when I was little my dad ran over me with the car.  My aunt opened the car door while we were going somewhere and I fell out.  To this day I remember being embarrassed in the ER because the doctors and nurses saw my panties when they cut my pants off.  I was about 5 or 6…all that drama over a little (a lot of) blood.

I chewed gum during my entire wedding.  I was nervous.

Some strange men joined my bachelorette party – I was chewing gum.


One kept trying to kiss me.


I finally let him kiss my cheek after those men  gave me money…..as a wedding gift. The new hubby-to-be was not happy when he saw all the photos.


I like getting people to pose for unusual family photos - like this...


 And this.  The young girl in this photo, who looks like she’s about 17 was 12…yep, 12.


I didn’t look like that at 12…this is what I looked like…UGH…that nose…that hair…those freckles, those eyebrows.  I saw someone from school many years after graduation.  She asked if I had a nose job...nope.  She said "you must have grown into it then."  Yep!  I still laugh.


I have 2 boys and 2 step-children – 1 boy, 1 girl.


And one granddaughter.


The first time around I was married for 25 years. The first hubby died during the divorce ordeal…at my feet.  I was confused as to whether I was a widow or divorcee.  I still don’t know, but that was 11 years ago.  I’ve moved on.

I’ve been to New York City and Las Vegas twice. 



I’ve been out of the country once.


I’m a Marilyn Monroe, not Marilyn Manson fan (go ahead, Google him).  I miss Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, William Powell, Henry Fonda, Frank Sinatra, Mel Torme, Dean Martin (this list could take a few days).

My youngest son has Loeys-Dietz Syndrome (similar to Marfan’s). We've spent many years in hospitals and doctor's offices.  He almost died once.

I love my lifelong friends (we all went to church and school together).  I HATE having my picture taken but do not miss an opportunity to pose when it’s a good hair day – those silly girls totally messed up this picture, but I rocked it (good hair day and not too big in the mouth area).


I’ve been a photographer for about 20+ years.

The hubby and I love plays.  Our first play to see together was The Full Monty.  I. HAD. NO. IDEA what it was about (honestly) because I had never seen the movie.  We sat at a table next to the stage - I didn’t see the ending…my eyes were covered.  The hubby did and described it in great detail…all the way home!

Now you know more than you EVER wanted to know about me!
Kris, thank you so very much for the Spotlight Saturday post!  You are a sweetheart!
Benita (http://chasingquaintness.blogspot.com)


Thank you Benita for sharing about yourself and life with all of us.  Hop over to Benita's blog and say Hi.  Have a wonderful week end.
Kris

32 comments

  1. So cute! I have visited Brnita a few times and love her blog.

    Kris, the pictures aren't opening for me. Is it just me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a kick out of reading this and seeing the pictures at the bachelorette because my future daughter-in-law and my daughter, along with 10 other girls, are in Palm Springs at the bachelorette. I have been seeing fun pics all night on Instagram and messaging.

    Now I am headed over to Benita's blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What happens at the Bachelorette party stays at the Bachelorette party...until you post it on your blog or other social media! :-) Hope they are having a blast!!

      Delete
  3. What a cute write up about you! I love it and I'm happy to meet you! I'll head over to see you soon!

    By the way, I'm not seeing any pictures either, thought maybe a menopausal day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nancy! And yes, menopause screws up everything!! LOL

      Delete
  4. I have been following Benita since hr first blog. I love her writing style and humor. It is my mission to get her to stencil something. The photographs are not showing up for me either and that is a shame - Benita is a wonderful photographer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...good luck on the stenciling Donna! You've seen how I murder projects, especially how my stenciling efforts turned out...LOL Thank you for your sweet words and encouragement! It is so appreciated!!

      Delete
  5. Kris, I cannot thank you enough for letting me be a part of the Saturday Spotlight! I am so honored and it was so sweet and kind of you. I am unable to see the photos also, but, I did find that if I put the "pointer" on the photo link and hit control, it takes me to the photo. :-) The first one I clicked on was me with my big mouth open showing gum...sheesh.....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Benita is a good friend, Kris and a fabulous photographer. She is a super funny lady, too. I am so glad she is being featured. She has a lot of "funny" and "pretty" to share! Plus she's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so now I am soooo blushing...a lot! You are so sweet Kim and I appreciate all of your encouragement and support! Thank you so much!!

      Delete
  7. Glad Benita is featured-I have been following her and really enjoy her blog and all her words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I've been following yours as well and absolutely love it! You have such a magic touch!!

      Delete
  8. You are absolutely enchanting! You are going to fit in so well here in Music City USA! I think you were probably born for this town, Benita!

    I love this intro and will go visit Chasing Quaintness.

    Dewena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dewena, I see you've left a couple of comments and will respond there! :-)

      Delete
  9. Kris,, Benita has her hands full with the kids and hubby. I remember those fun days. :):) I like that Benita can laugh at herself. I will go see her blog. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Susie! Fortunately, the kids are all grown now and I just have my hands full with the hubby! :-)

      Delete
  10. Thanks, Kris, for doing the spotlights for us every week and introducing us to new bloggers. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay... I actually read this post out loud to my family :) Benita is so interesting! And funny. I'm definitely heading over to pay a visit!
    Thanks Kris for a great spotlight feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry! I appreciate Kris featuring me today! Most days, it is just "a day in the life of....", which is what I probably should have called my blog! :-)

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy...never any dull moments, that's for sure! :-)

      Delete
  13. Kris,
    You with Minnie and Mickey and me with a paintbrush ... What a day! I appreciate all the time and effort that goes into featuring interesting bloggers on Spotlight.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fun Spotlight on Benita!! Love her humor and wonderful spirit. Going to check out her blog now.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  15. P.S. Just put two and two together...realize I have been enjoying her blog!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had the plesure of meeting Benita through my own spotlight feature. I have gotten to know her a little better today. She seems like such a fun, down to earth lady. I look forward to following her. Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    Laminate Flooring

    ReplyDelete

sponsor