Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger

Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


Kirby: Kirb Appeal

Hi Everyone.  The blogger I am going to introduce you to today just cracks me up and seriously missed her calling to be a stand up comic!!! I mean it when you get to know her and her blog you will see what I mean.  Kirby  from Kirb Appeal is the real deal.  Kirby is fun and genuine and what you read is what you get with Kirby.  After getting to know more about her here make sure you hope over to her fun blog.  You are gonna luv it!!!!!
Have a great rest of the week end.
Kris
:)


Hi!  I'm Kirby and I blog over at Kirb Appeal, where I am mostly just ridiculous.  I have been blogging for a looooong time...back when I looked like this:




But it has just been in the past two or three years that anyone other than my two home-town friends have read the blog.  I really enjoy getting ideas from other bloggers, but I believe it's the friendships that are the best part of blogging!

I am a high school English teacher, but in order to have a retirement "activity," my partner-in-crime for the past 32 years (DL) and I purchased a cottage ("Brandywine" --it came with a name, fercryin' outloud)  in need of a complete renovation.  He also bought the contents of a bankrupt furniture factory and he is storing all the wood in case every tree in America dies at the same time.  In which case, he will hold all the power.


One of the problems in an old house


Things I like: Charles Dickens
                        Mod Podge
                        




                         Refreshments
                         Traveling


                       
painting furniture

                       



Things I love: Downton Abbey
                          My sweet DL...
                           ...And of course my family who doesn't love it when I write about them.

Things I am not crazy about?         
                               The fact that I don't  have like a hundred companies wanting to send me free stuff to try like wine or beer or paintbrushes.  Or a car.  Or maybe big diamonds.  I'd like to try their big diamonds for them and let them know if I like those particular big diamonds.

Anyway, I want to thank the lovely Kris and her awesome white house for inviting me to share.  If you ever need to get a dose of ridiculousness, feel free to visit me at Kirb Appeal!  We have a lot of fun over there, mostly.




  -- *Kirby http://www.kirbycarespodi.com/


22 comments

  1. I vouch for the utterly ridiculous Kirby! I'm a big fan from way back. She was probably the first blogger that really made me laugh. I've been entertained by her witdiculousness (yeah, I made up a word!) again and again. She had me at Boo Radley and she knows what I mean.
    Carry on, carry on, Kirbs!
    Teen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Kirby! She is hilarious and way more talented than she gives herself credit. A great writer, project tackler and I especially love when she gets her crafting on. Wish she'd do more of that ;-) And a fellow North Carolinian ... thank you for featuring Kirby this week Kris. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherry! I will be getting my craft on again soon! And some day, we'll meet for coffee/iced tea!

      Delete
  3. She sounds so much fun and I'm going to go over and check out her blog. Thanks for introducing her to us.

    hugs
    Sissie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading over to discover her blog. Have a great day Kris.
    Mary @ Orphans With Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heading over to het blog to check it out-thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kris looking forward to visiting Kirby's blog. I agree with her the best part of blogging is the friendships.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping over to peek :)
    Happy weekend ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris, Thanks for this featured blogger. I am going to check out her post. Hope you are having a great weekend. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kris, It's me again...I got the give away gifts from you today in the mail. Thank you so very much. I love the magazine. I am going to show my daughters and sisters, your feature. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pop over to meet her. She sounds great.
    Got the magazine you were in and it is fabulous = great layout. They really did a wonderful job on your lovely home. Congratulations my friend.
    Have a wonderful week - I was a bad girl today, when to the nursery and bought a flat of plants - now to get them planted.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. She definitely made me smile! Her sense of humor reminds me of Nana Diana. Can't wait to hop over and say 'hi'.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute blogger, and a comedian to say the least. Love this post and blogging is where friends meet up taking a little inspiration from each and everyone we blog with home with us.

    Another great spot light Kris,

    See you soon.

    Xx
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh- Kirby is my kinda gal. She's nuts (like me) so we have good rapport. lol I hope some other people find her now that you have spotlighted her. This was a "FUN" one, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kris thanks for introducing us to Kirby. She sounds like my kinda gal! Heading over there now :)
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kirby's a crazy lady that blog world needs more of! I love her snarky posts.Thanks, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  16. She sounds so much fun. Thanks for sharing her.
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hey there Kirby girl !!!
    Nice to see you here !
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great share! I think a great sense of humor is imperative ~ and we should laugh as much as we can. Off to check her blog!

    Thanks to both of you for sharing ~
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  19. thanks for sharing a new to me blogger, kris!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor