Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger Series




Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger is a feature done each Saturday that introduces you to a blogger you may already know or a new blogger for you to get to know. This feature gives you a peak into the personal life of the blogger.  Getting to know the special person behind the beautiful blog.

There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland so enjoy getting to know these talented bloggers each Saturday.


Shane from Roses, Lace and Brocante



I have a beautiful and sweet blogger from New Zealand with a French heart to introduce you to.
It is Shane from Roses, Lace and Brocante.  Please read and get to know Shane and then hop over and visit her pretty blog you will not be disappointed.  Shane is as sweet and kind and open as her beautiful blog.  Enjoy.


Thank you so much dear Kris 
for inviting me to take part today.
I am delighted to have the opportunity
to meet and get to know more bloggers
via your
Saturday Spotlight!


Hello and welcome to everyone reading this post!
My name is Shane and I blog at

where I often post about things french.
My love affair with 
France 
begins with
my daughter and three granddaughters
who all live there.


We travel to France as often as possible and
we will be there again in June this year!
I'm counting the days, hours and minutes
until I step off the aeroplane
and I can hug my favourite girls!



One year we hired a canal boat for a week
with four friends from home and had such a great time.
We cycled up to a village every morning to
buy a baguette, ham, fresh salad, fruit and delicious
patisseries





Much as I enjoy travelling...

home 
is where my heart is
and I love
decorating, painting old furniture with Annie Sloan paint
and styling with collections of
books, vintage pieces and pretty things...
flowers and candles bring ambiance to a room
they give that certain
je ne sais quoi




my garden 
is developing year by year
it's filled with old fashioned roses
hydrangeas,perennials and herbs
all growing happily together
though the dry conditions this summer are a challenge!


With my love of
vintage 
lace, linen, buttons 
I search the village brocantes when I'm in France
and come home laden with gorgeous pieces.
With these I make collage pieces and fabric books.


I dream 
in french but I'm very much a
Nouvelle-Zélandais
(New Zealander)
and I live in Auckland.

Since I started blogging five years ago, 
my camera or iPhone are always by my side
photography
has become an absorbing interest - I photograph everything!

Our family love messing about in
boats 
and my dear husband is restoring an old classic launch
which will be in the water for next Summer - Yea!

I'm looking forward to visiting your blogs
and I do hope you will pop over and say hello/bonjour
to me!
thank you
sweet Kris for hosting 
Saturday Spotlight - Life behind the Blogger!
I know my followers will enjoy popping over
to meet you and your followers too!

Merci 
take care and

be kind to one another

Shane

Thank you Shane for sharing your beautiful family with all of us today.  It is so great to get to know you better.
Have a wonderful Week End everyone.
Kris
:)

41 comments

  1. I am so excited to head over to check out the bog.

    Shane's photos are wonderful - how exciting to have someone to visit in France.

    I have my computer back and am trying to catch up with everyone I missed. I have to scroll back through your posts too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol!
      I've visited Art and Sand and I'm in love with your little cottage by the sea!
      You live in a beautiful world of colour!
      Thank you for your sweet comment!
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  2. What a warm and inviting intro, Shane! I look forward to visiting your blog - for where you live, where you travel, and all your interests. Thank you again, Kris.
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Rita!
      I'm looking forward to meeting you over at your blog too!
      Kris is on to a real winner with Saturday Spotlight - bringing bloggers together.
      Shane

      Delete
  3. Heading over to check out her blog! Thanks so much Kris for hosting this wonderful series and introducing us to so many bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Sandy
      I'm looking forward to meeting you!
      I tried to visit your webpage http://www.delightfuleclecticabode.com/ - but couldn't find it. Have you changed or blog maybe, please let me know as I would love to follow you!
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  4. AMAZING blog and wonderful woman. I just went over and signed up to follow her blog. You found a good one, Kris! You always do. Have a great Saturday- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Diana
      Thank you for those kind words - I'm off to meet you too, as I'm sure we have lots in common!
      Wishing you a happy weekend.
      Shane

      Delete
  5. Shane, you gave us a lovely look into your life. Your French vacation on a canal boat for a week with friends sounds idyllic. I look forward to visiting your blog and learning more about you. Kris, I enjoyed the spotlight on Shane very much. Thank you for introducing me to her.
    xo ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nancy
      Thank you!
      We enjoy our travel to France and this time we are visiting Ireland for a week before we arrive in Paris!
      Living at the bottom of the world, we have to make the most of the expensive air fares and do as much as we can.
      Having said that - I really would rather have my family living in New Zealand!
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  6. Kris,
    Shane is a lovely interesting woman, her family, her home and travel photos are all beautiful. Thank you Kris for introducing Shane on your spotlight. I am looking forward to exploring her blog. Happy Saturday.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Vera
      Just as soon as I finish here, I'll be popping over to see you at "Row homes and Cobblestones"!
      I read your bio and I can't wait to meet you and learn about Philadelphia.
      You have a creative soul and I love to read poetry too!
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  7. Thanx for spotlighting Shane is is such a lovely lady with a great blog. Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Anne
      It's so lovely to catch up with you at Kris's Saturday Spotlight!
      Thank YOU for your sweet comment.
      See you soon
      Hugs
      Shane xx

      Delete
  8. Sounds so interesting, I can't wait to visit her.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Amy Jo
      I'm looking forward to visiting you too.
      I've had a wee peep and "Sunny Skies and Sweet Tea" is what I love!
      Blessings
      Shane

      Delete
  9. She lives in a such romantic place. Beautiful family, beautiful french vacation, it was a pleasure reading about this wonderful blogger.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Alessandra
      I'm popping over to your blog to say hello!
      Lovely to meet you here today.
      Shane

      Delete
  10. I want to check out her blog when I get my data back! Lucky lady to live in France. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oops...New Zealand...kinda like France. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sandi
      Some parts of NZ are very like France!
      I'm ging to visit your blog and when you get your data back I'd love you to pop in and say hello to me!
      Shane

      Delete
  12. This blogger is one I'm sure I will visit often! It was a pleasure to read this Spotlight!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy.
      It is lovely to meet you - I've just left a comment on your gorgeous blog - we have lots in common!
      Shane x

      Delete
  13. Thanks so much Kris for featuring this talented woman. I am on my way over there now.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Mary
      Thank you so much for visiting my blog - lovely to meet you through Saturday Spotlight.
      I'll be over to see you very soon.
      Shane x

      Delete
  14. Gorgeous looking blog. I'm going to go check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie
      Thank you for joining my blog and leaving your sweet comment!
      I'll be over to see you soon!
      Shane x

      Delete
  15. Wow! Shane sure takes some gorgeous pictures! Makes me wish I could be in those places! Hopping over to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Danni - it's lovely to meet you at Kris's Saturday Spotlight!
      I'm on my way to visit you!
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  16. Gorgeous photos! I'm so excited to go and visit Shane's blog. Great feature Kris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Sherry
      I was thrilled to meet you via Kris's pblog - thank you for visiting and following my blog!
      I'll be over to say hello to you this evening.
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  17. It was so nice to meet Shane, we have lots of similar interests and am looking foward to visiting her blog to learn more about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello 'Sweet Auburn Life'!
      I'm so pleased to meet you too - I'm visiting your blog once I finish here!
      See you soon
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  18. What gorgeous photos! So nice to meet another "woman of a certain age!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kirby - I'm popping over to meet you too.
      I love your comment!
      Hugs
      Shane

      Delete
  19. What a treat today....so nice to meet Shane...so enjoyed the beautiful pictures....hoping over to pay her a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shirley, it's lovely to meet you too and I'll be over in the next few days to meet you too.
      Take care
      Shane

      Delete
  20. What gorgeous photography - ( and Grandchildren !!! )
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting to have family in France, as hard as it must be having those beautiful grandchildren so far away. How exciting to have a classic boat to enjoy during the summer. Your photos are beautiful Shane! Heading over to Roses, Lace and Brocante now...
    Marie@The Interior Frugalista

    ReplyDelete
  22. thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures, shane! enjoy your boat this summer! another great peek into a new blog for me, kris!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have known Shane and her beautiful blog for a couple of years now. She is a beautiful soul that always shares her heart in every post.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor