Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger




Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 
November 22





This week I am so happy to introduce you to Debra from Ms. Moozy's Open House.   Debra is a wonderful DIYer and creates some pretty fab things.  Debra has a fun and inspirational blog.  Please read and get to know Debra and then hop over to check out her sweet blog.





Hello there, I am Debra and I blog over at Ms. Moozy's Open House.  I have to say that when Kris from Junk Chic Cottage asked me to be part of their Saturday Spotlight, Real life behind the blogger series I was honored.......

Then I said ahhhhhhhh what to write about.....LOL

Me?...........
~insert fear here~

Aughhhhh.......LOL

Ok I guess I should start from the beginning of my blogging life huh. My very first blog post was on Tumblr and that was January 20, 2012. I started to blog because I wanted to document my experiences in moving through our journey as foster parents. Well what came after has just been something awesome, I would have never thought I would be blogging like I am today.



OK let me go back a bit here.....

Hubby and I got married in December of 2002, we both had been married before but neither of us had kids. We talked many times about adoption and it was a gift given to us from the Lord, we started to foster in 2011.


We moved through the system, fostering  with the intention of adopting. It took some time but  on Oct 2012 2 boys where placed with us and they were already freed for adoption so a year later on Oct 17, 2013 we adopted our 2 boys.


We currently have a foster daughter that we are moving forward in adopting as well but we just don't have any date on when yet. We are just going through all the legal stuff right now and she is still in Foster care with us.

We live in Upstate NY in a small home with 5 of us and 4 dogs.....LOL

I love vintage stuff, junkin and re-purposing old things.



You can read more about my decor on my house tour {HERE}



I also do some DIYs, crafts and create for my Etsy store. I just love being creative and I am always changing things around in my home. Driving my husband crazy, he just never knows what I will be asking him to help me with next. LOL

This was when I asked Hubby to help me create a Pallet coffee table. You can see that post {HERE}
Some facts about who Debra is:


I am a Christian
I hate spiders!!!
I love hanging around at home with my family
I love taking care of my kids
I love my best friend and husband, Kelly
I love animals
I am a Diet Coke addict
I suffer from Anxiety
I am learning to enjoy green drinks
I love burning incense
I love to blog
I am enjoying learning photography
I enjoy going junkin
love anything chippy, rusty and sweaty
love vintage
I love being creative
I love donkeys
also I love fainting goats :-)

Well I guess that is enough about me and my life........

Thanks again Kris for giving me this wonderful chance to share a little about ME, the person behind MsMoozys Open House.

Be Blessed,

Thanks Debra for letting us get to know you better.  Now that you met Debra please visit Susan's blog Must Love Junk to meet Meredith from Laundry Can Wait blog.
Have a great week end.
Kris
:)

21 comments

  1. Kris, Debra Sounds like some one with a big heart. So beautiful that she and her husband are giving a home and love to those in need, se specially children. I wish many blessings. I am going to check out here blog. Have a great weekend, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you SOOOOO much Kris for the feature! I so appreciate it! Thanks and I hope you have a great weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for doing this for all of us to get to know you better. Love your story.
      Kris

      Delete
  3. What a great couple, you & your husband are, Debra! Only married 12 yrs, but no doubt you two have been through a lot together (not even counting the DIY stuff!). We def have the diet coke thing in common (what better way to take your morning vitamins, lol). I'm looking forward to visiting your blog. Kris, you & Susan are the best at welcoming bloggers in all of blogland!
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat family! I have visited there but will definitely head over and spend some more time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I enjoyed this post! Love that living room shot with the barn door leaning against the wall. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So very nice to meet you Debra and your beautiful family....you and your hubby have the kindest of hearts to take in the Foster children and then move on to adoption...I commend you and your husband for the joy you are bringing to those children's lives...love your bench and your home is beautiful...Loved this feature Kris...truly heartwarming!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debra, it's so wonderful to learn more about you! I love your style, and we share a love of junkin'! And I especially admire you for fostering and adopting these precious children! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing! I'm popping over to check out her blog now.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for introducing us to Debra, Kris! She sounds like a bundle of fun and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for introducing Debra...wonderful story.
    Patty@thatssopretty.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris very sweet blogger you featured today. I will enjoy seeing her home and her DIY projects. Hi Debra I adore fainting goats too and donkeys are cute!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been following Debra for quite awhile now - I remember when they adopted the boys. I also follow her on IG so I get lots of picture updates on her projects.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debra is such a beautiful person. I know life is not easy and you can tell that she is a winner. Thanks for spot lighting her. I love meeting new people. Thanx Jo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I suppose I'll have to google 'fainting goats' :) As a mom who has fostered and adopted, I have enjoyed getting to know a bit about Debra! Thanks for sharing a portion of her story! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful story of a beautiful family. xo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a great couple. Thanks so much for introducing us to Debra. What is a fainting goat?
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. I do love that barn door. Children are a treasure from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  18. gotta love a couple who opens their hearts to children who need a family! thanks for sharing, kris!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great couple! Thanks for sharing this lovely blogger
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete

sponsor