Girlfriend Charity Party And A Thank You

I thought I would share a few little preps I am doing for my annual Girlfriend Charity Christmas Party.

A little background.  About 8 years ago I started this party to gather all my girlfriends together for a night of sharing our love for each other and the wonderful friendships we share.  Christmas seemed the perfect time to have this gathering.  A night for fun, eating, laughing and sharing of gifts etc.

This party started out as just my close girlfriend group and then it expanded over the years to some of my girlfriends bringing their besties to the party and now my two daughter's are bringing thier bff's.  So our small girlfriend group has expanded and has become such a fun group of women.

I do a theme each year for the party.  We all wear our most comfy pj's and slippers.  Why???? well because you need to be comfy for eating, drinking and laughing!!!!

Best Part of This Party:
  Each girl brings an exchange gift where  some or most of the proceeds of buying this gift go to benefit a favorite charity.  It amazes me each year the beautiful and thoughtful gifts each girl will bring to the exchange.  Everyone always has a great story of why they chose the gift and the particular charity. Very touching.

A while back I shared with you what my girlfriend exchange gift for this year will be.  You can see that post here.


Every year I try to come up with a cute gift bag that each girl will get to take home all the goodies from the party.

This year I found the cutest bag at Tattered Tiques Christmas Open House.  They took  large white bags and added a cute christmas truck stamp on each bag for the open house. 

 I asked the girls if they would make up some of these for my party.  So they did and then I did a little embellishing to them too.  I always add some take home favors in each bag.

Here is what I did:

This is the shopping bag I got from the girls at Tattered Tiques.  Good size white paper bag with the cute stamped truck.

Yep! gotta love this stamp pattern.

Got some red jingle bells from Michaels.

Pretty checked ribbon and large clear plastic bags.

Found these adorable gift tags at Hobby Lobby.  $1.99 with half off Christmas for a bag of 12.  Score!

Tied off the gift tags and bells with bakers twine to the handle of the bags.

These bags are cute and good size for each girl to take home all their goodies and the gift from the exchange.

I got each girl the Oprah Christmas Favorite Magazine.  Remember when she had her TV show, the Favorite Show in particular where she gave away all those wonderful gifts.  She continues this with her Christmas edition magazine and highlights great gifts. There is also a chance in this magazine to win fabulous gifts.  Gotta love what Oprah started here with her favorite gifts and giveaways.

It is just a fun favor to give each of the girls in their bag.  Tied the magazine off in the clear bags with ribbon and a candy cane.

Here it is already for each girl to have at the party.

 One thing checked off the list as I prepare for the party.

I have 17 besties coming to the party this year.  I just love that my daughters have joined my group and have their friends joining in now.  It is a great night of friendship sharing.


It is such a fun night to get everyone together to share our love of friendship, eat, drink, laugh and play fun games.  I do lots of fun prizes.  A prize for the cutes Christmas PJ's this year and cutest slippers worn.  Have prizes for the games we play too.

Stay tuned as I show you more items I am preparing for this party.
Have a great start to the new week.
Kris

*****Thank You and Big Hugs ******
A special thank you to Dore of Burlap Luxe.  I finally have gotten one of Dore's beautiful heartful art pieces for my home.  If you have ever been to Dore's Etsy  or Blog you will see some of the beautiful art work she creates and sells.  I saw this French Hen House that she created last week on her Etsy Site and my heart beat was just a little faster as I looked at this beautiful piece.  I  thought how wonderful that piece would be in my French Country Kitchen.



So on the shelf in my kitchen it went.  Look at those sweet chippy doors and the cute detail in the banner.  This french chick that is right outside her hen house has it so good.

The attention to detail that Dore uses in all her lovely pieces is amazing.  Are those arched chippy doors not the sweetest?  Oh and that cute french banner.  Little Countess d'Erouville has a beautiful French Cottage of her own.  So happy to have this sweet little vignette on my shelf in my french farm house kitchen.

Dore also gifted me one of her special french birds from her collection.
Dore I love my new french bird added to my winter vintage garden mantel.
Thank you sweet friend.  I am swooning over my beautiful treasures created by you.
My little Countess just makes me smile every morning when I see her on the shelf in the kitchen.
Hugs and Kisses attached with a big Thank you.

25 comments

  1. Kris, You are going to have the best party ever. I love the truck stamp. It's also a touch of red, that you are using this year in your décor, you clever girl. Blessings to you and your family for a wonderful Thanksgiving. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like so much fun. Every special detail makes it even better. I hope you share the gifts for ideas for us. Have fun. I used to belong to a group of friends thst would do something similar. We would each make something for everyone. Some felt to busy to continue. Miss all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word, what a fun party idea and your gift bags are adorable. So much fun and you have thought of everything. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun party.....love all the attention to detail you put into it. Can't wait to see more!!!!
    Love those little gift tags....so sweet! Dore's pieces are so amazing too!
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love every little special detail you put into it. And how beautiful is Dore's art work. She is an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's all lovely! And I do love your friend's artwork. Thank you for sharing.
    Tamara :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, I LOVE the idea of your party-I so wish I lived closer so I could come! Those bags that you made are too cute and fun! And Dore's creation is gorgeous and looks perfect in your kitchen! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris,
    The attention to every detail and your thoughtfulness is what makes you one of the sweetest bloggers I adore. Love the sweet bags (your signature 2014 Christmas Red and White). Your French Hen house looks adorable on your kitchen shelf. Every piece of Art Doré creates in her soulful Burlap Luxe style is beautiful and will become an heirloom to be cherished.
    xoxo,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great party you have planned, Kris, and great gift bags. I have grown tired of our families' (mine and my husband's) annual $25 limit random gift exchange. It seems it's turned into a "let's see how much candy or food we can buy & gift for under $25" kind of thing, when no one really wants or needs that. Supporting a charity the way you're doing makes it so much more meaningful - great idea. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love those gift bags with the truck stamp! You've added so many wonderful embellishments too with the jingle bells and candy canes. It's going to be a lovely party! I didn't know Oprah still did her favorite things in her magazine. I might need to check that out. :) Dore's pieces are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Dore's work! Sometimes I head over to her Etsy shop just to see what she has created :) Love your gift bags and favors! You are so very kind! What a fabulous party you will have! Blessings for a Great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea Kris. And you are so generous and thoughtful making the gift bags. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time. :) Julie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun and meaningful party you have planned, Kris. It's so inspiring to me, and something I would like to do with my friends once we are settled. It's so neat that your daughters want to be part of it. That says a lot about the kind of mom you are. Dore's French Hen House is delightful. It looks so perfect in your kitchen. I love her French bird, too. xxx ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kris, the party is such a fun tradition. It's easy to see that you put a lot of thought and love into it. I love, love that truck stamp and the embellishments you added are so stinkin cute! Dore is so talented and I love your little treasures. Wanted to wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful and creative way to celebrate and do something meaningful. Your bags are just divine.
    LOVE your little hen house from, Dore. She is so very creative. It looks adorable in your kitchen!
    Wishing you a happy and blessed Thanksgiving.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm on the way, Kris! I'll be there!
    Don't I wish...what a fun get together. I love all the thought you put into your party. Even the gift bags are spectacular!
    I have long admired Dore's work. It's magical. What special keeps- she has joy in her heart to create such tiny little pieces of happiness.
    xoxo, T.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh how I wish I could join you Kris - what an incredible evening this sounds like - especially that everyone comes in their pajamas - you are such an amazing woman !!!
    And Dore is incredible isn't she?
    Her blog is like a a big dose of serenity.
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like the best party every! I love your goody bags and how you embellished them. That truck stamp is just too cute! Happy Thanksgiving, Kris!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Kris, the party sounds amazing and such a wonderful way to get together and share in the Christmas holiday. Love the gift bags and the theme to be in pj's. Love your pretty treasures from Dore.
    Thank you for stopping by and best wishes to you and your dear family for a Happy Thanksgiving!!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. This party sounds so funny. The shopping bag is very beautiful and also the other gifts.
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you dearly Kris for including me in on your beautiful post.
    I so wish I were a guest at your parties receiveing one of your gift bags! how well i know the inspiring beauty you place in a bag.
    Love your winter white here and looking forward to spending time over here with all the joy and cheer you will be inspiring.

    see you soon

    xoxo
    Dore

    ReplyDelete
  22. the little truck on the bag is just too cute, kris! and the chalkboard tags are perfect! have a great time at the party!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your gift bags - they are so cute. I know you girls will be having a jolly, holly time, rocking away at your house. Wish I was there to party with you. Have a terrific time Kris and everything looks spectacular.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a fabulous idea! I love the entire theme and think that my besties would love to do something like this...especially if it involves pjs!! Your gift bags are just stunning...and red...you had me at red! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those bags are adorable! I always get so excited hearing about your annual party! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete

sponsor