Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger


Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 
September 20th
Patty from Creative Ideas .... Cottage Style

This week I have the pleasure of introducing you to a really sweet and talented blogger.  Patty is from Creative Ideas Cottage Style. So please enjoy getting to know Patty and then take time to visit her wonderful blog.  You will love her style.






Thank you Kris for the invitation to tell a little about myself, my family and my blog. I began blogging as a way to deal with a difficult time in my life.  I had suffered a torn rotator cuff that led to adhesive capsulitis (frozen shoulder).  It was a chronic pain to the point where I really could not even stand myself.  Opting for physical therapy instead of surgery as I was told that surgery could possibly make it worse.
It was at this time when I had discovered Pinterest which led to the discovery of many wonderful and talented bloggers.  A few of which got started in much the same way as I ... dealing with something in their lives that blogging seemed to help escape for awhile or as a means of sharing creativity or a passion.

A little about me ... I was widowed at 28.


  Blessed with two wonderful adult son's and a beautiful granddaughter that I feature at times in some way on the blog.  (Inspiration from Alicia)



My oldest son Donald and granddaughter Alicia







 She has all of us right where she wants us ... wrapped around her little finger!!

Youngest son Chris



















Blessed with a 
rewarding career as a full time Ophthalmic Technician I used to assist with Retina Surgery.  Now talk about amazing ... any type of surgery in such a small space as the eye ...
that is truly amazing.  After healing to the point that I could return to work I began working with Cataract surgeons ... my job is to do all the measurements and testing necessary for my surgeon to be able to pick the correct lens to replace the natural lens that is removed.  It's very rewarding to greet my patients the morning after cataract surgery when they come back for their day post op visit and the gratitude that they share of how much better they are able to see.  PRICELESS!

My blog is a hobby to me ... a wonderful hobby.


It's given me an outlet to share my creativity, decorating ideas, recipes and other fun family and home projects.


I use a Nikon D3100 camera and have fallen in love with photography!  Still learning but having fun doing so.
I don't post every day but when I do I try to make it interesting for my readers.  I am a creative person and have to be doing something whether it is making something, sewing, repainting, cooking ... got to be doing something.
Sometimes I will have more than one project going at a time.  I find great solace in so many things,  some so simple.  I love to garden.
I tackle big overwhelming projects at times and think to myself ... what have I gotten myself into?
But the reward when it is done is so worth it.

If you get a chance ... stop by my blog.  I'm very proud of the work I do and the simple things I share with you.  Come visit with me at Creative Ideas ... cottage style.

                                                                         photo signatureone_zps1329cb92.png


Thank you Patty for sharing your life and love of family with all of us.  Now that you have gotten to know Patty please hop over to Susan's blog and meet another wonderful blogger Marsha from Tattered Chick.

Have a great week end.
Kris
:)

17 comments

  1. Shout out to WV homegirl, Patty! Thanks for spotlighting her, Kris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty, so nice to meet you and learn more about you! Thanks for sharing :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just doing a tad of visiting while waiting for my gd to finish her dance lessons. Went over to Patty's blog to say Hi and follow. Have a great day- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy weekend Kris! Patty's story is heartfelt, will head over and check out her blog later.
    XO,
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the introduction to Patty. I am headed over to read more on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How nice to meet Patty, Kris! Will pop over to visit Patty's blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, thank you for the feature... Your the sweetest to do this. Have a wonderful and blessed weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kris for introducing us to Patti. I love that she helps with eye surgeries, how cool is that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for featuring patty, kris:) beautiful family pictures--off to check her blog out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris, Once again, you have featured an amazing woman. A strong talented woman. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Patty is new to me. I'll be sure to visit her blog. Thank you for introducing me to a new blog! Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It was nice to meet another wonderful blogger. Thank you very much, dear Kris!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kris, So glad to see Patty here in the spotlight. She is so talented and I have followed her for a while now and a fan of her work and blog.
    She is an inspiration!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so behind in my reading. Glad I popped over here. I just love your selflessness, promoting and encouraging everyone else. I hope it comes back to 10 fold!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice to meet you Patty...and I am so very sorry for your tremendous loss at such a early age and pivotal time of your life...your career sounds amazing...loved the pics of your precious family....hoping over to pay a visit...Thanks Kris for another great feature!!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor