Saturday Spotlight: LIfe Behind the Blogger



Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 
July 19
Teresa





Happy Saturday.  This week I am introducing you to a really fun and talented blogger, Teresa from Magazine Your Home.  Teresa and I clicked right away in blogland  and we have become friends.  Teresa is a special friend and I am so happy she finally said yes to doing Spotlight so you could come to know her like I have.  Thank you Teresa for doing Spotlight.  I am so excited my friend to feature you this week.


Teresa From Magazine Your Home



Hello fellow bloggers! I just want to send a big hug to Kris for asking me to share on Spotlight Saturday. I was so excited until the excitement turned to shaking in my boots as I thought uh... what do I talk about??? I'm so used to doing posts on painting furniture, sewing curtains or changing out my lamps. This is a switch to talk about real stuff haha, so bear with me.
Oh by the way, this is me...

I'm a mom of five grown children who took the Lord quite seriously when He said "Go forth and multiply" and they gave me 18 grandchildren! We like big families.
The majority of us got together recently to attend my grandson's graduation from Marine Corp Boot Camp on a cold rainy day in San Diego.

My oldest grandchild is in the Army and currently deployed.

I'm extremely proud of both of them. I'm proud of ALL my children and grandchildren . They are such a fun and exciting bunch!

I was born a Buckeye from Ohio and went West to California when I was 13. That's where I met my first husband Fred. We were high school sweethearts and we were married for forty years. I was a stay at home mom until my children were on their own, I felt very thankful to be able to do that.

 I then started my career working with Developmentally Disabled Adults and eventually became the Administrator for a group of day programs for the disabled. It was a very fulfilling time in my life and it actually prepared me for the sweet granddaughter that was soon to come. My little Savannah was born with Down's Syndrome and she has been a true gift from God, but I must admit that she sometimes has an angel perched on one shoulder and a little devil on the other hehe.
Let me tell you when this girl gets in a cleaning mood she doesn't want anyone interrupting her, you can't talk to her, you can't even LOOK at her! If you do she'll strike a pose with her hands on her hips  and say " I'm a woman, I'm working" (insert attitude)  hehe so cute.

Here's two more of my little cuties sitting in the chicken coop with me.
Yes we all grew mustaches, bushy ones.
The Lord called my first husband home eight years ago when he was diagnosed with Leukemia. Our faith in the Lord and the strength of our family held us together and got us through that difficult time.
 I did eventually remarry to my wonderful husband Toby who is a saint to put up with my never ending projects. I dream 'em up and he executes them. We moved from California to Alabama to be near his father. That's how I ended up living in a mobile home that I quickly turned in to a farmhouse, yep you read that right. See don't we look like farmers now?

 Hey who says a mobile home can't be a farmhouse? Throw in some chickens and couple horses and anyone can have a farmhouse right?



But it did take some imagination to transform that plain Jane mobile from this.......

To this....

Hanging a cow head on the wall always helps though...

But as some of you may know we recently moved from the mobile to the front house, a real farmhouse built in 1921.
We are currently in the process of painting and refurbishing.
Another kitchen redo....

to this...

It's a good thing I love anything having to do with making a house in to a home.
Like making a farmhouse table....


or gardening...

and furniture makeovers...
But about this thing called blogging, in the beginning it was just a way for me to document life things, but now it's turned into something more. I've discovered that you can make wonderful friendships through blogging, with people you have never met. Imagine that....it's a fabulous thing these bloggy friendships and I have been blessed to have discovered the most caring, interesting and creative women ever..


Thanks Teresa for sharing yourself and beautiful family with all of us.  Now that you have gotten to know Teresa please hop over to Susan's blog and meet another very talented blogger Elizabeth from Blue Clear Skies.

Have a great week end.  Thanks for your visits and kind comments to all the spotlight bloggers.
Kris
:)

25 comments

  1. I enjoyed reading about Teresa! I learned some things about her that I didn't already know. Looks like she was blessed with a very big family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So interesting! What a talent too! I really enjoyed getting to know Teresa better. Love those farmhouses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always a pleasure reading about bloggers. Amazing family!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, I love your 'story'! So nice learning about you and your wonderful family! Thanks for sharing :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was nice getting to know Teresa and her beautiful family! She seems like such a nice and sweet person with a lot of patience. I admire that because patience is not my strong suit. Thank you Teresa!

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun meeting Teresa! I love her spirit, and she is incredible talented into making any house a beautiful and charming home.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh such a wonderful family. Nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Kris, for letting me 'meet' Teresa. She obviously has a big heart for her family and a real talent for making a home. I'm going to visit her and see more for sure. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful blogger to share with us- thanks, Kris! She clearly has a happy spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris, thanks for introducing Teresa. WOW 18 Grands! The remodeling on the mobile is very impressive and I'm sure the farmhouse will turn out amazing.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  12. Teresa,
    Sorry, moron me entered my comment twice! Seriously love the cow head with wreath.
    Happy weekend, heading to your blog now to check it out!
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kris, I enjoyed this feature Teresa and her family. Her life is an adventure. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great story Teresa's life is and I love both her mobile home kitchen and her new one in the front house. It's a pleasure to meet Teresa! She does not look like she is old enough to have grandsons so grown up! Thanks for sharing your friend, Teresa, with us, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you Kris for featuring me and thanks to all your sweet readers for their kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Teresa, no way can you be the grandmother of so many and mother to 5 grown adults! You are blessed with youth, strength, creativity and drive! Way to go, woman! Thanks, Kris, for featuring Teresa.
      Rita C at Panoply

      Delete
    2. Aww thank you Rita, I think all those little ones keep me going. They most certainly keep me up to date with all the latest gadgets lol.

      Delete
  16. Love Teresa's home and style! I liked her previous home and watching the transformation of this family home is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love what Teresa did with the decorating of the mobile home. I thought I was following her blog, but it was missing from my list. So I'm off to visit her blog.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks Kris for Spotlighting another great blogger. I love what she did to the mobile home and look forward to seeing what she does with the farmhouse. I will be following Teresa.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Her kitchen is so cute!! I will definitely be checking out her blog!

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice to meet you Teresa!...loved reading about your beautiful family and I want to thank your handsome grandsons for their service to our country....loved your kitchen makeover...great job...beautifully done!...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Teresa you are an amazing woman and it is wonderful to meet you! Not only are you beautiful outside but inside as well. Your blessings are bountiful and I am so going to enjoy following your journey! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. such a wonderful kitchen re-do, teresa! thanks so much for sharing, kris!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I enjoyed reading about Teresa and will go over to read more of her blog.

    Congrats on the international feature - pretty soon they will be flying you over to Italy to help style rooms.

    I love your gift from Suzan - she is a hoot so she is where I am headed next to catch up.

    ReplyDelete

sponsor