Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind The Blogger



Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 
March 29th
Debbie from Lakehouse



Good Saturday Morning.  I have a special blogger this week to introduce you too.  Not only is her blog full of inspiration but the way she lives her life surviving Cancer is so inspiring.  Please enjoy getting to know Debbie from Lakehouse.  Then make a visit to her wonderful blog.






Thank you for the opportunity to share on the Spotlight Feature here at Junk Chic Cottage, Kris.
I'm Debbie, from Lakehouse.
Our cottage is located on the largest inland lake in northern, lower Michigan.
My hobbies are gardening, and decorating our home in a shabby, flea market style.
Lately, I've been attracted to vintage-French furniture.
Since recovering from cancer, what matters most to me, is my family. I have three wonderful daughters...Melissa, Kelly,and Erin.
My son in laws are remarkable young men, whom I think the world of.
I have been blessed with eight grandchildren that bring me more joy than you could ever imagine.
I have a husband that has been at my side through many illnesses. He has never complained...not even once.
Spending time with my daughters, and their families is so important to me.
Time is so precious.
You never know how much of it you have.
It seems to pass so quickly.
I wish I could slow it down.
I want to consciously hang on to each moment, and imprint it on my brain as a cherished memory.
Never to forget what a specific occasion, or situation felt like as it was happening.
So I can experience it again in my heart whenever I want to.





I depend on photos to remind me. I tend to forget some things due to a brain tumor from a few years ago. I see the joy on the faces of my family, and I know there is love there.
I am truly blessed.

Thank you, Kris, for inviting me to share on your beautiful blog.


So Happy all of you could get to know Debbie a little better.  Now hop over to Susan's blog and meet another fun blogger Tracie from Fishtail Cottage.

Have a great week.
Kris
:)


21 comments

  1. What a lovely post!
    Debbie has a beautiful family.
    I wish them many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been following Debbie ever since she first started blogging. I love her style of decorating and the love that she has for her family. Hope everyone goes over to visit her at her blog.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely post...her positive attitude is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Kris for this feature on Debbie. She is truly one of my favorites. She helped me with comments, prayers and cards, when my Liz had her breast cancer. Debbie will always be special to me. I do love they way she decorates her home too. She also does a fine job of gardening.. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so very much for featuring, Debbie, Kris. She and I go a long way back. She is as beautiful inside as she is outside. And look at those gorgeous daughters and grandchildren?? How blessed can you get? She has a wonderful style. I don't know if you have seen pictures of her home but the decor is very much like yours.

    Hello to you, Debbie. Sending much love and so happy you were featured as you should be! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. As a woman who has lost her husband to illness, I certainly agree with Debbie as to the importance of living in the moment and not only enjoying but being grateful for each and every breath we are blessed with. Debbie's blog is filled with love and beautiful photo's. What a nice blogger to share with us today. Thanks Kris!! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, thanks for sharing! It was so nice to 'meet' your lovely family! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed meeting Debbie and her wonderful family!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for featuring Debbie, Kris! She was one of the very first people I got to know here in blog land several years ago. She is as sweet as she is talented! I always leave her blog posts with a smile, not only drooling over the photos of her beautiful home, but of her inspiring words. She has been thru alot, but is so strong in spirit, and so upbeat, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...I LOVE DEBBIE! She is amazing and has survived so much illness and still comes through optimistic and on top of it all. I adore her and her blog is beautiful-full of things she loves. If you don't know her you MUST go now! Seriously.....!;>) xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a remarkable woman - I don't follow her but I will now. Thanks for sharing this amazing woman.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to meet you Debbie, enjoyed seeing all the loved one's faces in your family. Family and friends mean the world and you are blessed with their love and support.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kris. Thank you for sharing Debbie's story. What a remarkable woman and thank you for bringing her to my attention. I didn't know about her blog and am going over now to say hi and to follow along with her courageous story..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Debbie is another new blogger to me and I loved reading about her and her loving family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoyed this, Kris, and I am now following her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful family!! I love that you featured Debbie as I was unaware of her blog. Must go over and visit her.

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful post Debbie!!! I feel like I know you so much better now. Your family is beautiful---every one of them! I can only imagine how much fun you have when you are all together. The photo of you and your girls made my day! I love that picture!
    I know that surviving cancer takes so much energy and can sometimes steal one's joy, but I can tell by reading your heart that you were never going to let that happen to you or your family. You are such a dear brave friend and I am so glad that we met through blogging!!!
    much love...

    ReplyDelete
  18. So nice to meet you Debbie - what a gorgeous family you have! You are indeed blessed
    Much love,

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie is one of my most favorite friends in blog land! Debbie, you are a sweetheart! I can see all 3 of your daughters have to same beautiful smile you have!
    Hugs my friend!
    Faye

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a beautiful family--nice to read about debbie's life. love her blog! tfs, kris:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for introducing me to Debbie. I'm on my way to visit her blog. I loved her family photos and the thoughts she shared on appreciating each day with her loved ones and holding on to each memory. Beautiful. ~ Nancy

    ReplyDelete

sponsor