Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind The Blogger



Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself  wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 

Saturday March 22


The Spotlight Feature is to introduce you to wonderful bloggers with beautiful and inspirational blogs.  I love the comments that come back to say thank you for introducing me to a new blogger.  That is what I love about this it brings new bloggers together and also let's us get to know the bloggers we love to visit on a more personal basis.


This week I am introducing you to a blogger that not only has a  beautiful blog but also has a beautiful life and story to share.  I am truly excited to introduce you to June this week from Laughing with Angels.  Please enjoy reading her story and also seeing her beautiful family, home and inspirational life.  Enjoy.







I want to thank Kris for asking me to be her guest here today and to share a few things about myself.

I'm June and I am the author of the blog Laughing With Angels.
For those who don't know me, my blog is named Laughing With Angels because 
of the particular syndrome that my son has. He has what is called Angelman
Syndrome and one of characteristics of it is excessive laughter. Isn't that just the neatest thing?
He doesn't laugh near as much as he did when he was a young child, but rarely is he ever without a smile.
I am a full time caregiver (mom) to Landon who is now 27 years old. He is on the more
severely affected end of the scale of Angelmans and doesn't have any self care skills.
He doesn't walk and has no speech, but his eyes communicate a lot.
I love my life and wouldn't change anything about this gift I have been given.

I have been married for a-very-long-time! to a-very-awesome person!
I am a mother to six children (four girls-two boys) and gram to 13 grands.
My children and I are very close and have so much fun when
we are able to get together.

We live in rural Idaho, in a farming and ranching community of 500 people.
The place we live on daily is an acre, but we have 65 acres in the mountains
about 17 miles north of where our home is. If we had our way, that is where our home would be
but because of Landon's health and the fact that there is no telephone or cell service there, 
we choose to live in town. 
We enjoy living the rural life and have horses and a few calves here on the home place.
This is driving down into our town and if you look up and a little to the right you can 
see one large mountain and if you follow down the left hillside...right there in that canyon is 
our other place. It's called Fishcreek on maps and by the locals here.
I have a little teeny cabin there that I am getting ready to repaint and redecorate for the summer.
 Two of our five horses---Sunny and Pal
Trigger the Shetland pony
a gazebo it the back by the pasture fence
The thing that keeps me the busiest is the garden and yard that we have on this acre.
Gardening is my passion and I love having it right out our doors to enjoy everyday. 
We live on a very busy two lane highway and all the trees and greenery help to deaden the 
sound of the traffic. In spring, summer and fall that is where you will find me.
I do all the gardening myself and my husband does most of the mowing of the lawns.
My favorite thing about having this garden is watching the grandchildren playing amid all
the trees and having their little picnics and tea parties in it. 
I even let them ride Trigger the pony in it sometimes : )
I always said that I wanted to have a little granny garden.
One that didn't looked planned, but just happened over time.
I have created little pockets and rooms with the children in mind so 
that it makes a private little space that they can feel like is their 
own little secret garden. 
I am sharing some of those areas in the photos below.
I have a backyard studio where I love to make things for my home. It is a little 
sanctuary really. I was lucky enough to show it off in the latest issue (Feb/Mar/Apr)
of Where Women Create.
I go in there and turn on my favorite music and sing myself hoarse
while I sew or craft.
In front of the studio
I love making wreaths from my dried garden flowers and here are two I made this week.
The wreath above is sitting on a quilt top I finished awhile ago and is
ready to be quilted. I love sewing, any kind of sewing. 
The wreath below is much more colorful and I have a place in mind for it.
I made them to replace some other dusty ones I have had
hanging for some time.
  I love decorating, and like many of you, I love finding vintage items to do it with.
I love to move things around a lot too.
In fact, the house looks nothing like the photos below because
I have already been changing things up while spring cleaning.

below are two of my favorite vintage finds
the Gothic window frame and the pink and white porch railing
a few shots around the house of some favorite things

I love to take photos - of anything - at any time the lighting seems right. 
I know a little about photography and F-stops and aperture, but not nearly enough. 
You know how some things just won't penetrate the forehead sometimes? I get it, and then I forget it!
And to learn an editing program sheesh! I know I could if I put the time in. I just don't.
(Anything I edit is done with Windows Live Photo :)

I love photographing flowers as you can tell from my blog.
They are the perfect subjects.
A parting shot of my garden in early evening light.
There are many things I love to do in life but I truly am what you would call 
a homebody. I don't care for going 'out' much and I think 
that goes with rural living. It is such a drive to go anywhere and to do anything,
that I usually am fine entertaining myself with hobbies here at home.
I can't even tell you the last time my husband and I ate out together. For Valentine's Day 
this year he drove 25 miles to bring take-out Chinese home for me. What a guy!
Living in a town that is miles from anything has been a challenge sometimes, but the trade offs
are worth it to me. Thank you for letting me share my life with you, and thank you again Kris
for the opportunity.


Thank you June for your inspiring story and the most beautiful pictures.  Just gorgeous.
Now that you have gotten to know June please hop over to Susan's blog and meet another inspirational blogger Cathy from My 1929 Charmer.
Have a wonderful Weekend.
Kris
:)

56 comments

  1. Kris thanks for the introduction of June. I will follow her blog.
    June,
    What a heartfelt introduction into your private world. Your home is so peaceful and calming.
    Vera

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post...I am just smiling! Headed over to visit June now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's so beautiful. I love the wreaths you make. ♡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing June with all of us. She has such a beautiful home and her gardens are just stunning!

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have followed June for quite awhile, but your feature told me so much more about her.

    Oh, I do love her home and gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't find the right words or enough words to describe how I feel about June. I know she will be totally humbled and embarrassed by accolades, but she is so deserving. I am so inspired by her life, she absolutely amazes me. And to think I met her through blogging! To sum it up, and not repeat the comments before or forthcoming...please let there be more "June's" in this world.

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Kris, what a wonderful person. I can see why you selected her - she is amazing and her gardens are breathtaking. I just signed up to follow her - thank you so much.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kris,
    Thanks for letting me get to know June a little more. I have followed and adored her and her blog for a long time.. She is so talented and so sweet. . She has a truly beautiful life :-)
    Hugs,
    Bella

    ReplyDelete
  9. June, it was so nice meeting you, learning about you, and seeing your gorgeous home and gardens! Thanks for sharing :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  10. My goodness, June, what a beautiful home, garden and life, and to be named June - how serendipitous! Thank you, Kris, for yet another blog introduction.
    Rita C at Panoply

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris, you picked a wonderful person to spotlight, June is an amazing decorator, creator, and a mother to inspire others. Alaina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kris, June is one of the first people I met thru blogs. I didn't know how to blog then(I know-duh)...so I wrote to her on her email. She's a wonderful gentle lady. Her dedication to family is beautiful. Her gardening skills make me envious. Thank you for this feature today. Blessings to all, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. June is such an EXCEPTIONAL lady!!! Not only is her home stunningly gorgeous, but it reflects her warm, loving, inspiring heart and soul as well. It is always such a treat to be invited into her home and gardens.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  14. June has a beautiful home and gardens! Her pictures are wonderful. Her story is heart warming and it sounds like she has a lovely family. Thanks for sharing June's story with us, Kris!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh - please don't take offence anyone ( because I've done the spotlight too lol ) but this was my favorite one of all time -
    What an absolute pleasure to meet you Kris - ( I'm still in shock that you have that many grandkids - is it possible - did you start parenting at 5 ? ) Landon's ( did you name him for Michael by any chance? ) disorder is one I've never heard of - but I have an image in my mind now of a forever smiling boy - and I like it ! Your home is gorgeous - your granny garden melts my heart - have to come by now to follow you !
    Much love from Montreal
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. How amazingly beautiful! Can't wait to go visit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Kris... I popped over from Susan's post and am signing on as a new follower on your beautiful blog as well... loved seeing all of June's gorgeous photos, both inside her home and her stunning gardens... several weeks ago, I had the pleasure of meeting June in person!... we have been blog friends for the past five years since we each began our blogs... she was on her way to Salt Lake City to the big Vintage Whites flea market and took the time to meet up with me in my little rural town that is about 20 miles outside of SLC. We had so much fun laughing, hugging and shopping a bit... and she is every bit as down to earth, real, and beautiful as she is on her blog!... happy Spring weekend to you... xoxo Julie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was nice to meet June! Yes, thank you for introducing me to a new blogger.

    Gigi @ Old World Patina

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful garden for a beautiful life-Denise

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful story and a beautiful life June has created for her and her lovely family…. so inspiring, Such a busy lady living in gorgeous surroundings… I have been following June's beautiful blog and knew of her amazing story, so nice of you to share that with others who may not know of her, Kris… Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have loved June's blog for a couple of years now. She is like her home and her garden ~ gracious, serene & soothing. Thanks for spot-lighting her!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, Kris! I come by way of June's blog and what a delight to learn more about her. I have been following her for a long time now, and enjoy every post she makes, and I admire her photography skills. But what I admire the most is her attitude about life and her gift of giving.

    Hi JUNE! So good to see you here! Your pony is soooooo darling and I wish I had one! hahahahahhaha

    Lovely photos and the one of the cat on the aqua chair? MY GOODNESS, that is a winner.

    Have a lovely day to both of you! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  23. Dear June, as a long time follower, of your blog, I have alwayes admired your beautiful pictures of your home and surroundings, and your kind and lovely way od being and living.This feature just adds to my admiration of you, and the skills you master in decorating your home and keeping your garden beautiful and interesting. LOVE your little chicks :-)---- Hugs, Dorthe
    Thank you Kris for this wonderful feature of dear June, and her amazing surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Kris! Thank you so much for coming over to visit today! I've been blogging for six years now and I too have never run across you! It is so kind of you to write a comment.

    I hope all is well on your side of the world. We are still having a winter feel but soon I'll be outside making my garden grow. LOVE YOUR BLOG! Anita

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is such a treat to see June over here!
    Her blog is just beautiful and her photos always leave me smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I adore June, she is a friend to all, her life story is touching and without her beauty and grace who would we turn to for inspiration?
    She really has a way with what she photographs, as well as a studio to love.

    Thank you Kris, for inviting this beautiful soul to your fabulous spotlighting.
    Keep inspiring your whiteness we are all looking to whiten up our lives.

    Xoxoxo
    Doré

    ReplyDelete
  27. I came here via the link June posted on her lovely blog and what a joy it was to read more about her life. I am always touched by the gentle beauty in her photos and the peacefulness in her words.

    Thank you for sharing this with us.

    FlowerLady

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Kris, hi dearest June,
    This is a wonderful presentation of June's life!
    June, you know that I know your story, but I could read it again and again and look at your wonderful photos all the time!
    And there are always new things to discover for me. These adorable chicks! Your beautiful horses, the view from your garden ...
    It's a very different life than the one I live here in Austria, but I can well understand that you love your life!
    Warm hugs to you, my dear! And best wishes to you, Kris!
    Traude
    ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love June and love her blog. Have followed her for years. So glad you featured her!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm thrilled to meet June as I was unaware of her blog. What a beautiful person, inside and out! So many talents and a great photographer. Would love to sit out in her gardens and chat with a cup of tea. Thanks so much for this feature!

    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pat. I would love to have you sit and my garden and we would have the best time chatting away the day. I am so happy to meet you! I tried to come to your blog, but couldn't get it to come up. I will keep trying though :))))
      hugs from June!

      Delete
  31. I have blogged with June for a long time and every time I read a new post I'm inspired to do something wonderful. Thanks for featuring her and her beautiful life. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a wonderful place to live! My brother lives in Idaho and Loves it! June captured my heart as I also raise a very special 29 year old young man who came into our lives when he was 4 months old and has been a joy to my heart! Thank you for sharing a bit of June with us today! Blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oooooo, fantastic spotlight, with glorious photos. June is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a wonderful post. I love June's blog and it was so nice to see even more of it. So much creative ability and so much warmth packed up into one sensational person. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I always love seeing June's flowers and gardens, but I had no idea it was so extensive and gorgeous. I can't even imagine the amount of work it must take to keep it all up. So nice to get to know June on an even deeper level - what a treat!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  36. June was my sweet mothers name. I recently found June's blog and love it! Her gardens are simply gorgeous! As is her photography. I did not know that about her son. What a wonderful mother she is, and what a special son! That gorgeous window and pink porch railing has me 'full of envy'! lol!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh... the first time I read about your son June, it tugged at my heart. As a small child I knew a boy Andre .He also had Anglelman's syndrome, like your son. on the severe side of it all. I remember his sweet sweet smiles. We would take him over to our home , so his mom would have a break at times.
    Your story is so sweet. LUV.. luv tour granny garden!
    Hugs, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a beautiful person and beautiful post. So glad you shared June's story as she is a special person.
    Hugs, Lynnie

    ReplyDelete
  39. Kris, thank you for sharing June with us. I have admired her for some time and could hear her story over and over. She takes some of the most beautiful photos and what a charming person. I thoroughly enjoyed this article..Happy Weekend..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love June's story as I can so relate to her relationship with her son..and I too never tire of her story. Her photography is so gorgeous--as she has such a lovely home to photograph. This is an amazing post!

    ReplyDelete
  41. I adore June and her gorgeous blog! Her beautiful and loving spirit shines through, even over the internet:) Love all the photo's, that was some serious eye candy!!! Thank you so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  42. June is such an inspiration....as a person, and a blogger. Her home and gardens are amazing.
    She is beautiful inside, and out. I just love her!
    Thank you for featuring June this Saturday, Kris.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  43. What an inspiring woman you are June. You have such a beautiful soul. This is such a gorgeous post. June's blog is an amazing place to visit. Her blog is truly a labor of love.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  44. Charming. Enchanting. Inspiring. And nice to know just a little bit more about one of my favorite bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hello Kris
    Thank you for featuring our Dear friend June. I have followed her for a few years and love everything she creates whether in her home or garden. Her heart is as big as the moon and Landon is so blessed to have a Mom like her. We have never met in person but I feel we would get along very well if I could keep up to her that is... Visiting her Blog always brings a smile to my face and it makes my heart sing when she has a new post to share with all of us. Have a wonderful week ahead!
    Hugs,
    Wanda

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my goodness, June is an amazing lady! I loved reading her story, she just sounds like such a lovely and caring soul. Her home is just beyond beautiful and her garden is just gorgeous! She is truly an inspirationn and thank you so much for posting her story, I so enjoyed every word.
    Nancy
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  47. one of my very favorite blogs! her gardens are gorgeous! thanks for sharing june with us, kris!

    ReplyDelete
  48. June's lovely gardens, gorgeous home, and most of all, her beautiful spirit shine through in everything she does...she truly is an inspiration to so many! Thanks for featuring her so that I could see even more of her wonderful images!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  49. June, God placed your precious son in just the right home with just the right parents. No mistakes ever. Right? Your enthusiasm for life, love, and beauty is a joy to be even a tiny part of via your blog. Thank you for all your visits to OO.. Kris, brilliant feature of June.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Kris this is a beautiful post on a beautiful lady.
    June is a precious woman with a tender heart. So happy to know her!
    Thoughtful post filled with life, love and beauty!

    All my heart,
    Deborah xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love, love, love June!!! She's a dear and I always drool over her photos of her gorgeous garden and home. Thanks for sharing her beautiful story!

    ReplyDelete
  52. I Love June! and just look at the magic she has created in her yard and garden. I smiled the entire time i read this post. She is amazing...

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  53. June truly is an amazing woman. Her joy in life and her desire to create a home filled with happiness love and beauty are a true testament to her hope filled heart!
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful story and these stunning pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Kris, I am so inspired by June's story, thank you so much for sharing it. She has always inspired me to appreciate the most precious things in our lives. She is the type of person I stride to be. She has a beautiful home in Idaho and has decorated it with beauty and love. Her photography is an extension of everything she loves to do. Very Special Lady!!
    Hugs,
    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  55. This feature of June is simply wonderful. I adore her, her design aesthetic, her heart, her creativity, her loving spirit. Thanks Kris, for the fabulous peek further into her days! What a special woman, huh?
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete

sponsor