Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger


Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself (Kris) Junk Chic Cottage wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 


Saturday November 29
Stacey from Cottage Industry


It gives me great please to introduce you to a really wonderful blogger that I happen to be friends with in real life not just in blog life!  Her name is Stacey and she has a beautiful business and blog called Cottage Industry.  Stacey not only has a great design company and great little shop she also is a wonderful photographer.  Stacey did the pictures of my home for Cottage of the Month awhile back on The Old Painted Cottage website.  Stacey has the cutest house and cutest family, well just lots of cuteness and talent with this girl.  Please sit back with your Saturday morning beverage and enjoy learning about Stacey.


Hello, Junk Chic Cottage readers, I'm Stacey and I'm so honored to be sharing a bit about me here today!  Doesn't Kris have an amazing blog and home?!  Love seeing all the makeovers she does and cool things her husband makes for her!  I have had the pleasure of meeting Kris in person and spending time with her out to lunch and at her home...we live near each other...I'm lucky!
I started blogging in 2010 a few months after my daughter was born, as an outlet for something else to do besides be "Mommy" all day.  At that time and for the next 2 years, I blogged about my home at A Sort Of Fairytale.  I have recently stopped blogging on there, but I have a new blog, Cottage Industry.  Cottage Industry is my online shop and decorating services site, my little budding business!  My full time job though, is that of a Stay At Home Mom ;)


I currently live with my husband, Matt and daughter, Maggie in the suburbs of Chicago. 





We moved about three years ago from the city of Chicago (and our teeny tiny apartment) into our first home.  I still kinda can't believe I'm a "real grown up" with a house!








It's not a grand home and there is some remodeling and projects to be done, but I really, really, love my cozy house!  I am forever changing things up at home, so these pictures already seem dated to me, LOL!
In my spare time, I love to craft and make things for my home, shop, friends, and family.



My newest crafty passion is crochet!  I'm making granny squares in the hopes of having a blanket someday...



Something people find interesting and/or funny about me is how many jobs/careers I've had!  I have been:  An Art Teacher (my bachelor's degree), a Retail Manager at Anthropologie,  a Shop Owner (a small vintage boutique in the Chicago suburbs), a Showroom Manager at The Merchandise Mart in Chicago, a Visual Stylist at Marshall Field's (department store, Now Macy's), and a Hairstylist (worked at a salon in Chicago).  I'm like a cat who's had 9 lives...and I'm only 37!  Every one of these jobs and my getting into it/leaving it, has it's own long story...much too long for this post!  You could say I'm either very flaky about work, or that I was just searching for the right one!  I prefer the latter.  I believe in trying...even if you don't succeed you tried...no regrets, and I have none about it.  My best motto is, Go For It, and figure out the details later!!  But, seriously, don't give up on your dreams...keep searching (and trying) for what makes you happy!
After all that, I am happily where I want to be and am meant to be today, raising my daughter daily and doing the little things I love on the side (decorating, crafting, running a business)!


(Maggie on her first day of Pre-school this year)

Thank you, Kris for having me over today!

XO,
Stacey

Cottage Industry

Thank you Stacey for sharing the personal side of you with all of us.  Is Maggie not the cutest ever!!!!! I have had the pleasure of babysitting with Maggie on occasion and she is just the sweetest and so adorable.
Now that you have come to know Stacey hop over to Susan's blog and learn about Polly from Georgie Emerson Vintage

Have a wonderful week end.  Hope your Turkey Day was a good one.  

Due to the holidays being upon us Susan and I will be taking a break from Saturday Spotlight and will resume with featured bloggers in January.  This will give everyone the time they need to get ready for the holidays.  Happy Shopping, wrapping and baking.  
Kris
:)

20 comments

  1. What a lovely family! And how lively and colorful everything is...and absolutely so welcoming too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey,
    You are the sweetest and I am so happy to know you in blog world and the "real" world. Thanks for doing Spotlight and sharing with all of us.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy this blog--nice to see a more personal side. I am a white lover--but do love all those colors too! Such pretty things and a beautiful family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to meet you Stacey and hear about your new business venture and blog. I wish you all the best and much success. Heading off now to visit you at Cottage Industry.
    Thanks Kris for another great Blogger in the spotlight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love her bright, cheerful decor--so nice to meet you, stacey! adorable little girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed getting to know Stacey and her family! Love her fun style :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stacey, I actually have great admiration for someone who is not afraid to keep searching for the key to their heart instead of just settling for predictability. Lovely to "meet" you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your enchantment with color and vintage items and how they are whimsically displayed to make perfectly charming vignettes! Beautiful! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stacey,You are brave adventurous girl. I like your cute family photo. Your home is so sweet. Love the retro kitchen. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found her blog recently and her home is very lovely and so warm! The colors are bright and cheery! Very sweet blog and family......Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been a fan of Stacey's decor for quite some time and she shares my love of vintage trailers and crochet! I just hope when Maggie goes to your place Kris that she doesn't wear white! She'd be the hide 'n seek champ if she did. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for having me, Kris! Also, a huge thank you to the commenters for such kind words!!
    XO,
    Stacey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for introducing us to Stacey, Kris! She's very sweet. I like that all of her jobs were creatively linked. Love her home and what a cutie pie daughter! :)

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have followed Stacey for quite awhile now and loved reading more about her. What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stacey has the most charming decorating style, and I love her use of bright primary colors!! She has such a darling home and I love when we're invited in to see her latest projects.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. hello again...
    just wanted to mention that I shared on blog:
    http://cottageindustryinteriorshop.com/blogs/news/10522053-in-the-spotlight-christmas-inspiration

    Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stacey is so sweet and I love her colorful style. She always finds the cutest vintage pieces. Thanks for sharing more of her with us!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  18. Stacey is so sweet! Thanks for spotlighting her and her sweet family! Happy to visit your blog, too! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maggie is adorable! That cute smile! And Stacey's kitchen is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stacey's home and family are beautiful…loved reading her story and I find it amazing that she had so many different careers…how wonderful!…Thanks Kris for another great feature!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor