Saturday Spotlight: Life Behind the Blogger

Susan from Must Love Junk, and myself (Kris) Junk Chic Cottage wanted to do a regular feature on our blogs, something unique that hasn't been done before.   So we came up with an idea to 'spotlight the real life behind the blogger' in a more personal way.
There is so much talent and inspiration in blogland, and we thought it would be fun to bring you a closer look at the person behind the blog.

Every week on Saturday we will spotlight a blogger and have them tell us a little bit about themselves and their blogs.  You will be able to see and read about each of the bloggers on both Susan's and my blog. 


Saturday November 9th

Patti from Ivy and Elephants


This week  I would like to introduce you to Patti from Ivy and Elephants.  Patti and her partner Paula have a beautiful blog and What's it Wednesday party that I love.  So this week with Spotlight Susan and I are featuring one blog that has two very talented bloggers .  Enjoy learning about Patti here on my blog and then hop over to Susan's blog to learn more about Paula.


Hi everybody! I'm Patti from Ivy & Elephants. I was thrilled beyond belief when two of my favorite bloggers, Kris and Susan, asked if I'd like to be part of “Behind the Blogger”! Yea! I'm honored to share.

This is my darling little family. My amazing daughter Ashley, who is really the third member of Ivy & Elephants. She's my technical support, I'd be lost without her. The little guy is the light of my life, my adorable little grandson, Adam Micah. They keep me going.

When I'm not racing around with these two, I'm corralling my third graders. Teaching is not just my profession but my joy! I may never be rich, but my life is blessed. I'm in my 24th year of teaching, and they never cease to amaze me! I'm an avid reader, collector, and life long learner. I love to travel, and spent two fabulous years abroad teaching in Peru.

I live here in Sunny South Florida. I guess my style is “Romantic Chic”. I'm drawn to the shabby and faded patina that only a vintage piece can bring. I value their history and charm. I spend a lot of time trying to repurpose and give new life to my finds, or just displaying them in clever ways.






Our blog, (because I have an amazing partner, Paula) was started about two years ago. Although I spent hours going from blog to blog, I didn't think I could do it. But Paula wouldn't take no for an answer. Once we came up with a name, a combination of both our sorority symbols, there was no backing out! What on earth would we blog about? And who would care? We went with our passion. We both have a love for vintage and antique items, and after many years of collecting, let's just say, We have a LOT of stuff!!!






So our blog is where we share our many collections, vintage finds, and creative redos, as we thrift our way to happiness! Thanks to all of you who follow along or visit. It's a joy getting to know you all. You're always welcome at Ivy & Elephants!

Big Hugs,
Patti

Thank you Patti.  It was so much fun learning about you and your beautiful family.  You have a beautiful blog.  Susan and I have been big fans and was so happy when you and Paula said would do our spotlight feature.  So now jump over to Susan's blog to learn more about Paula.

Have a great week end.  It is chilly but sunny and I have my little granddaughter this week end with me.  So eating my Wheaties and putting on my running shoes and I am ready for that precious 3 year old to run me ragged!

Kris
:)

36 comments

  1. Thank you Patti for sharing your lovely story and the pictures of your beautiful daughter Ashley and Adam your grandson. He is just too adorable. Love that you are a school teacher. Teachers are my hero's. Loved learning more about you and Paula. Thanks for doing our Spotlight feature. It was fun learning more about you two talented bloggers.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Ivy and Elephants! Patti and Paula always have the neatest finds and there is always a history lesson on the piece...I love that. You can't beat beautiful vintage finds and a history lesson to boot! So happy you featured them here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have just been reading about Paula, so was really pleased to see you featured too. It is always good to learn more about the people behind the blogs we follow. I love the picture of you with Ashley and Adam; your blog pictures are always so beautiful, and this one is even more so. It sounds like you are passionate about teaching, your students are so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice - Ivy and Elephants have so many beautiful items. I love how they display them. I love learning about the people behind the blogs. Thank you so much.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that blog--such sweet ladies and beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ivy & Elephants is one of my favorites! The vignettes they create are beyond beautiful. It's so nice to know more about Patti and that she has dedicated her life to teaching. Quite an accomplishment.

    Thank you Kris for spotlighting such a lovely gal!

    Blessings, Edie Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading Ivy & Elephants for quite a while. Paula and you share such lovely things. I'm not sure if I knew you taught third grade. (I taught third grade for 14 years before moving to middle school.) I loved the picture of you with your daughter and grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed learning more about Patti! She has always been sweet and supportive! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun to learn more about Patti...your grandson is adorable!! Beautiful home...beautiful family...beautiful spirit :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Ivy & Elephants and knew they had to be very smart talented ladies to have such a beautiful blog
    I have chased after them for a couple years now watching what they will post about next

    ReplyDelete
  11. So nice to learn a little bit about Patti! I love her blog and her style is fabulous! Great feature this week! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kris, thank you so much for this opportunity! You know how much I adore you and Susan, and your sweet spirits just make me love you guys even more. I have met so many wonderful friends through blogging. Wouldn't the world be a kinder gentler place if everyone just blogged?!?!
    BIG, BIG HUGS,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading Patti's blog.I have been getting busier and busier and have not had enough time to do so.She has beautiful collections that she shares.Love her photo of her precious Grand baby!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love sweet patti and ivy and elephants! darling family--adorable g-son:) i didn't know patti was teaching--awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Patti is such a sweetheart, and so is Paula. I knew they would be a hit in blogland. Great feature choice.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yep, always drool worthy stuff at Ivy and Elephants. Just found this blog feature and have to look at the archives.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very sweet house and family. I'd love to pinch those chubby cheeks on that cutie pie grandson.
    I know that you shared that your husband gave you the angel on your banner. I have loved it from the get go. I think you shared where it came from. Would you mind sharing that with me. I think I need to gift myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Patti and Paula are such a delight. They are such creative women, and I always enjoy the beautiful vignettes they create with their fabulous collections.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Ivy and Elephants..I did not know she had a full time job too! They have the most spectacular vintage collections. thank you for featuring them!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Ivy and Elephants, Patti and Paula have an amazing blog and it's always so fun to join in their weekly blog party. They have the most beautiful collection of vintage goodness. Love them and may God continue to bless them.
    xxx
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for featuring Ivy and Elephants. I'm a fan!!! :D Patti and Paula have provided me with tons of "Pinspiration" and Eye Candy!!!
    Patti, I hope you bring Adam Micah to Birmingham @ Christmas....he is too, too cute (so is your daughter).... I love babies!!! Such a sweet family.....you are blessed!

    xo,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. Patti! I had no idea that you are a teacher! I worked in a high school guidance dept for 21 years and my husband was a industrial arts instructor at the same school for 31 years! We loved working with all the kids and grew to love them as our own. :) It was so much fun to learn more about you and see your pretty face, my friend! ♥

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  23. A teacher that loves teaching and has such cool style. Where were those kind of teachers when I was in school!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been such a fan of Ivy and Elephants that it is a real treat to learn a little more about the lovely bloggers behind this wonderful site. I'm always picking up display tips from them, learning about their vintage pieces and their history and the pictures are pure eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's very nice to get to know you. You shared so much I felt like I know you already. Great feature post. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love Ivy and Elephants! It is neat to see the life behind her blog.

    Blessings,
    Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  27. What an awesome story on one of my fave bloggers. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is a wonderful profile of Patti. It is always fun to learn more about our favorite bloggers!!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Feature: "House Proud"

    ReplyDelete
  29. Such an elegant and beautiful blog too! Great feature!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I too love Ivy and Elephants. I did not realize Patti was a teacher.

    Now I have to head over to Suzan's to read about Paula and then visit both of their blogs.

    Thanks again for your great feature.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved this interview with Patti. I immediately connected when I saw that photo of the bubblegum machine with pearls - I've had that pinned since she posted it. Great ladies, great blog. Thanks for highlighting them both!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Patti is one of my favorite bloggers and it was great to learn a little more about her. One of my daughters is an elementary teacher. I have a great respect and appreciation of teachers. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Patti is an extremely beautiful soul who didn't grew out of her own 3 year old phase ahahah.
    She likes to play - and does - house whenever she can.
    She lives in - and embraces - a world full of joy, whimsy and love and her taste reflects the balance that comes from that. And when she writes about it - like here - you can't help but feel enveloped by it. A Magic Being. In pearls and silver ahahah
    Thank you for bringing her... all excuses are great to spend time here ;)

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG Patty - You and daughter look like sisters - seriously!!!
    What a great post - I had no idea that you were a teacher - I could so see you being the very best kind of teacher there is with your creative and giving spirit!
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  35. It was lovely to read the story behind Patti and see her gorgeous family. Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Patti is wonderful…and did not know she lived in South Florida where I grew up and lived most of my life…Patti has such gorgeous collections…and I have always lusted after that gorgeous dress form…she has a beautiful family…and did not know she spent time teaching in Peru…how wonderful!…thanks for another great feature Kris!!! I so love these features each week!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor