Junk Jubilee

 I just got home from my Girlfriend trip to Junk Jubilee in Iowa.  It was so much fun.  It was their Christmas market so everything was Christmas themed with vintage and chippy junk.  It was fabulous.  Here are some pictures of the trip.  Sorry but I forgot my camera so they were all taken with my cell phone.  We also stopped at some cute shops along the way and of course I was so excited about the shopping that I forgot to take pictures of the shops.  Next time I promise to remember my camera and take more pictures.  I am such an amateur!




Lots of old sleds


Lots of Cabin themed Christmas items

Loved this vendors booth she had lots of vintage "glampers" Christmas items.  Gotta love vintage campers and Christmas. Her stuff was too adorable.  Look at her Little LuLu that she travels around in.

This vendor took old vintage toy cars and made them into necklaces.  I loved the little VW bug necklaces.

This vendor's booth was awesome.  She had so many white and chippy items.  Don't you love that metal repurposed chandy with the crystals added.  Too cute.

Lots and lots of Christmas trees.  Loved this little one under the glass dome.

This vendor had some awesome architectural salvage pieces.

This vendor did cute aprons and also some gorgeous necklaces.  If you are a jewelry person this show was for you.  So many great vendors with unique jewelry pieces made from vintage charms and salvage.

Look at the Iowa Farm Girl sign and the 4 H Ribbon.  Too awesome.
This little awesome cutie came home with me for the hubby's new home office.

What I loved about this vintage fire chief car is that the number on it (508) was my husbands call number in the fire department for many years.  I think this was meant to be for a sweet gift to bring home to him.


This vendor has some great chippy pieces and loved this garland out of old torn pieces of fabric.   This pink truck was so fabulous and cute.


This vendor made this cute lampshade for this lamp out of stencil letters.  Loved this.  Too sweet.




Gotta love that chippy white Noel sign.

This vendor has adorable stuff but she caught my heart with the silver tinsel tree like my grandma had when I grew up.  I remember that tree each year at my grandmothers.  Hanging on the tree were vintage Christmas items but the christmas stocking were just like the ones we had growing up.  It was sweet to look at this booth and have great memories flood back to me.

This booth was my absolute favorite.  Got lots of things from this vendor.  See those hard to see ruffle angel wings in the back left corner.  Yep those came home with me.  I will show those beauties when I show my Christmas decor.  Look at the sweet chippy chairs and that fabulous light blue distressed cabinet in the back right corner.  Too many lovelies in this booth.  


This was a few pictures of the show that I remembered to take! I get so wrapped up in looking at things I forget to take pictures.  I got some pretty vintage Christmas things that I will show when I do my Christmas decor post.  Have a fantastic Sunday.

Kris
:)











39 comments

  1. Love the angel wings with the ruffles, boy I wish I knew how to sew!!!
    Amazing little fire engine, just waiting for you. I know your hubby will be thrilled.
    Looks like a fabulous time, thanks for taking us along!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Kris, I would've needed a semi to load up-ha!! Soo many great things! Those angel wings are just gorgeous, and that little fire fighter car is the best!! (Can't believe that was his number, too!) Love all that jewelry-sigh!
    Looks like you girls had a wonderful time :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! Those necklaces with the cars are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun, I want to go. I would love the big "Best Western" sign in the second photo. I have been looking for something similar for a long time. What a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love the old fire truck - it needs love that both you and Terry can give it - can't wait to see it in the office.

    How much fun you must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for all of the great pictures, I love to look at booths from fairs, so many ideas and the red fire engine...Perfect!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kris, I loved the old sleds. That fire truck was absolutely meant for your husband...i hope you got it. I know you had a blast. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun . . . wish I was there :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, you lucky girl! You just go to the best events!! I would have had a field day here! I'm really looking forward to seeing how you decorate for Christmas...not too much longer now!!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a lot of fun. I went shopping yesterday to our local Christmas show. It was amazing and I think by far my favorite show. Will be posting a few of my finds soon. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great place! I would have been like a kid in a candy store ... I would have been hyperventilating through the whole place. LOL Thanks for sharing!
    diane @ aug's blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can't wait to see what you bought and what you will transform them into.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would have gone into debt in this place. Love the VW necklace .....since I have a VW. I have something similar that I got at Michaels last year. They had one as a charm along with a couple other items on one card.
    That fire truck is the greatest find. I love these, new and old.
    The angel wings.......hope you brought those home.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have needed a semi-truck to take the stuff home and my cc would be to the limit LOL Your husband is going to love that Fire Truck. So glad that you had a great time. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decor. I''m working on mine - a little each day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like your trip was super successful Kris! I would love to have one of those sleds to decorate for Christmas, maybe sitting a decorated tree on it. Can't wait to see your Christmas post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So much great stuff! The fire car was a great find - I hope there was room for all of your treasures and you didn't have to pedal the car home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love stuff like this. Tuesday some friends and I are going to the Southern living Christmas show they have here every year. It is huge and so much fun. I get a lot of my shopping done there.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fun, Fun, Fun!!! Christmas is my favorite time of the year for decorating and going to Christmas Open Houses.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  19. Some great booths, Kris! I always feel a bit overwhelmed at this time of year between looking for regular things and then the Christmas things that are out. It sounds like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many gorgeous things, Kris.
    I could never stay on a budget!
    Can't wait to see your Christmas goodies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. The little fire truck was definitely meant for your husband! And the pink truck is adorable. It would make a perfect Easter prop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I stopped short, seeing the fire engine! Wow! So glad it came home with you!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My son-in-law would love that fire truck...and my little grandson would too.
    Love the angel wings...so pretty!
    I recently went to a show and forgot to take any pictures...remember in the car on the way home that I forgot.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGosh, Kris! What a wonderful trip you girls had. I LOVE your pictures and I REALLY LOVE that fireman's truck. How sweet is that?! And how perfect for your hubby's office!!!!! I am just unwinding from the weekend and I am going to come back in the morniing and take another look at your photos when my eyes are working better! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds you all had a wonderful trip and a wonderful shopping for Christmas. Love the car key chains...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Kris, you lucky, lucky, lady! I really envy you your trip and have turned a very ugly shade of green! lol. LOVED the metal light fitting with the crystals hanging from it, and as soon as I saw the fire fighter's car with a 'sold' sign on it, I just knew that it was you that had purchased it, and what a coincidence that it had your husband's number on it too - it really was meant to be.

    Can't wait to see what you come up with for Christmas.

    Hugs

    Judi in the UK x

    ReplyDelete
  27. The necklaces with cars are very beautiful but...how many treasures!
    Kisses
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great stuff - Love what you bought for your fireman - and the call # - the best! Looks like a great trip, but now you have to rest up, right??

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE that fireman's car--way too perfect for your husbands man cave:) such a fun day--tfs, kris:) the ruffled wings are on my to do list this year--yours looks beautiful! have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Looks like, fun, fun, fun!!! Great stuff and I can't wait to see everything and what you do with those wings. I can only imagine the beauty!!

    Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  31. Every bit of it looks amazing and very inspiring Kris. I would have come home from that trip very poor. Can't wait to see those wings in your Christmas vignettes.
    Hugs,
    Kerryanne

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun show! Oh I had a little fire truck like that when I was a kid! Oh the fun we had playing with that! I bet your husband loves it! Oh my gosh I made wings like that! I have not put them out not sure if I will....so cute!!!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ok so maybe I'm a little jealous! Love the pics and all the things!! Love the little fire truck! Great find. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a great show !!…and you are so right…that vintage fire truck was waiting for you!…your hubby will be so excited and thrilled to have it in his office…I can just imagine the look on your face when you saw the truck with this call number on it!….

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh Kris, is it for his Christmas? He is going to flip~ What a fabulous find!! Thank you for sharing the pictures. I was really studying them for decorating my space this weekend. And love the angel wings too. Can't wait to see all your holiday decor at home. xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. Looking forward to seeing all you bought and how you display it!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I couldn't get enough!! LOVE all the displays and unique ideas!! The vintage fireman truck is wonderful!!! What a wonderful gift! Seems like you had a wonderful time...FUN and EXCITING!! Oh, how I wish you could be at OVER THE MOON this weekend.....it would be AWESOME!! Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  38. I think that your iphone pics turned out great! That's what I usually do when I'm out somewhere too. Looks like you found some great goodies to bring back home with you. That fire truck is so cute. Your husband is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor