Open House Tour: Cabin Fever

"Baby it's cold outside" so I am staying inside and having some cabin fever so I  thought I would do a little blogging with room tours.  Since I have been taking each day and deep cleaning and rearranging things for a new fresh " new year" look I thought I would post some of my home with you every couple of days as I get the rooms done.
 I am going to start with my Master Bedroom as the first room I show you.  This is a close up of my headboard that my wonderful husband made for me out of old vintage doors.  He framed them and then used crown molding to finish them.  I love that these hung in old homes and saw many family members and friends pass through them. Love the history in things!!!!

Old chippy post my husband made into a jewelry hanger. Used old door knobs for the hangers. Love this again that history is re purposed into my home.
Old vintage fencing made into a chandelier and then old telephone wire insulator bulbs that hold candles.  I got this little treasure at Tattered Tiques.  Makes for a very romantic bedroom.



My bedroom is my sanctuary.  I find total peace in here. Love my ipad on the night stand.  I find total peace(ha ha!) at night looking at blogs and of course pinterest when I get into bed!!!!!
 
My little ipad on the night stand awaiting my arrival!!! I need to find some kind of cute little ipad holder for that. The phone too why can't they make those things cute??!! At least my reading glasses have a cute vintage vase girl to hold them.



No cottage bedroom is complete without a basset hound.  Libby likes to be in the pictures.  I said ok since she matches the decor!!!!!!
My old armoire that hides the TV and my old white vintage suitcases and old chippy shabby chair. I hung new drapes on this window as you can see in the picture above. These striped ones are gone and replaced with the burlap and ruffle ones above.







Love this old chippy folding chair that I found in the garbage. That is right someone threw out this lovely chippy sweetie!   I have no shame in garbage picking and re purposing beauties like these.



 
Cottage master bathroom suite off the master bedroom. I love that this bathroom had enough space for a make up table.

 This shows one of the chandeliers that hang in this bathroom with lampshades.  I took them off for a more simple look as you will see in the next few pictures.

Old chippy stand found it's way into this bathroom.


I love chandeliers hung in the bathroom for pretty lighting.
 
Old chippy arched window
  out of an old church.  Again lots of history. It gives a statement all by itself. Round mirror from Home Goods and the skinny sink and cabinet was from Home Depot that I painted  white and distressed it.  I wish the milk paint was out before I did this piece.  It would have probably been easier to get the chippy look with milk paint then painting and sanding.


 
We have a double shower in this master suite. I hung two shower curtains over the glass doors for a more cottage and less modern feel.


That was my master bedroom suite  and bath where I find comfort and peace each evening.  The sun comes into this room all the day and the picture window looks out to the garden in the back.  I love this room especially in the summer months.  Every couple of days I will post another room as I continue through my deep cleaning and rearranging of each room.  So stay tuned!!!!
Kris
:)

Sharing with Becky at Join the fun here each Wednesday!

Also sharing at Savvy Southern Style with Kim's Wow us White Wednesdays http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/01/wow-us-wednesdays

Also sharing with  Pamela at Treasure HuntThursday http://www.frommyfrontporchtoyours.com/2013/01

And Sherry's open house Thursday party at http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com/


30 comments

  1. Hello Kris,
    Was just about to log off when your post popped up. Truly not sure how I stumbled upon your blog a couple of weeks ago, but I am glad that I did.
    I luv the tranquility of your bedroom.
    I too have a double shower in the aster bath, and hung shower curtain up to hide the shower doors.
    Looking forward to the posts to come..
    Cheers, Gee

    Come on over to see me at my place...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I so enjoyed your room tour! What a beautiful room and bathroom--love all the white and all the ruffles. I have to say what really caught my eye in all that pretty stuff is Libby--she is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to see more...give me more! I am so taken with your headboard...wish I had a Mr. like yours! Mine isn't the handy type, I'm more hands on and he's the muscle or I should say he used to be the muscle, but he'll be 60 next fall and the muscles are drooping a little...and he's holding up better then me, don't ask what's drooping on me!!! The jewelry post he made you was adorable as well, how do you make the bottom on your posts so they don't fall over?? I'm looking forward to seeing more, you are such a source of inspiration as I try to dig myself out of this mess I've made and turn this house into a home...it will happen!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get so excited when I get notification to my email that you have a new post...I hurry and go see! And let me tell ya, I never get tired of seeing all that you have and do! Your bedroom is absolutely beautiful in every square inch...even your little ipad doesn't look out of place! I love, love, love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness Kris, I love your bedroom! How beautiful everything is and all those gorgeous ruffles. I love the idea of hanging the shower curtains over the glass doors. I hate our glass doors and how they always appear water marked. A curtain would look fab, and hide the soap marks. Thank you for sharing. I love your posts! x Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love your post. I always get ideas. You are so talented. Keep them coming.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty and relaxing, Kris! I love the pillows on your bed and your ruffley drapes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I'm going to study these pictures. There are two rooms in my house where I want to layer whites. You are brilliant at this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love ruffles and white. Absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kris! Your master bedroom is so gorgeous! It looks really comfortable, inviting and relaxing! I love all of the white and tan and all those ruffles! Your curtains are fabulous in burlap and ruffles! So many wonderful old touches and bright new items, blended together in harmony! Oh! How could I forget to mention that awesome door headboard? I am crazy about old doors and windows and other things that, like you said, have history. The doors with the knobs still attached are so quaint and add so much life to the area - so much better than a boring headboard like mine! I'd love to do something with it and really update this entire room! You've inspired me to get my rear in gear! LOL Take care! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leena,
      You just make me smile. These headboards were fairly easy to make and we have a king size bed so it took 3 doors. I still have a couple of these chippy doors I wish you lived closer I would so give them to you for a headboard. Have a great day.
      Kris

      Delete
  11. Everything looks so beautiful and inviting. I can see why it is your sanctuary, it made me take a deep breath and let it out on a sigh.
    I must say Libby was a perfect model. My best bud works with bassett rescue plus she has 2 of her own (former rescues) so I always get to babysit and also meet some wonderful pups through her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie,

      Ohhhhhh your friend must love Bassetts too. How wonderful. They are little characters for sure. We had two Molly that was 15 and Libby who is 9 years. We just lost Molly about a week ago after 15 wonderful years with her. I am sad and miss her so much and poor little Libby is missing her big sister too. I am hoping with time we will get into a new normal around here. I guess Bassetts don't usually live to 15 so we were happy she had a good life until 15. She got diagnosed with Cushings and a few other things about 6 months ago and she did not fair well with that. I would love to work for a rescue but I would have too many doggies living with me!!!!! Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog. I will be posting my guest bedrooms in the next few days.

      Kris


      Delete
  12. Beautiful Kris!LOVE all your chandy's!And that shower curtain is genius!!! I may have to borrow that ;-)
    Your home is beautiful I always enjoy your inspirational photos! You are lucky to have a handy husband too!
    Libby is so sweet! Glad you left her in the photo <3
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne,
      This is another test for you to help me with!!!! Let me know if you get this reply. Not sure if anyone is getting my replies on the comments. I know if I email reply they do but not sure if this reply on the comments is working right. Oh the joys of learning blog world!!!!! Thanks for your sweet comments as always.
      Kris

      Delete
  13. Oh my goodness, I am in LOVE with your bedroom! Can I move in now?? I love love love the door headboard, too. SO charming. Sigh! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela,

      You can move in for sure!!!!! It might get a little crowded with the dog and hubby in bed too!!!!! I am going to show you my two guest rooms in the next few days so stay tuned and you are always welcome to come stay in my guest rooms.

      Kris

      Delete
  14. I'm happy to see more of your pretty home! My bedroom is my sanctuary, too, I love being surrounded by pillows and quilts and books and my dogs (Libby is a doll)! Those doors are just too cool! The suitcases, too. I love everything actually! I can't wait to see more...get busy! ;-D

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      Stay tuned I will be showing my two guest rooms in the next few days. Now that we are empty nesters and our daughters do not live at home anymore I can actually say I have two guest rooms!!!!!
      Kris

      Delete
  15. Hi Kris...I really enjoyed this little tour!
    So many sweet details...looking forward to the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. all soooo beautiful, and serene.

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a pretty tour, kris:) your door headboard is so wonderful! love your sweet libby, too! i just love visting your charming home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your bedroom! As luck would have it, sweet Dawn at The Feathered Nest (http://the-feathered-nest.blogspot.com) just posted a beautiful handmade ipad cover (ivory with lace and ribbon embellishments) on her etsy shop today!! She does custome orders, too, so if it already sold you can have her make you one. It would be perfect for you! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your bedroom and bath are so dreamy. Love the headboard out of doors. The church window in the bathroom is wonderful! Love it all!!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I was young and could start all over decorating My home,I think I might like to try the white chippy shabby chic style.I am much older now of course and unless I had tons of help just could not start over. AAHH to be young again :) Denise from Coffeeberry Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in love with your arched windows over your toilet! Your bed & bath are just lovely, and I can see why the rooms are your sanctuary.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just had to share with you... I went through some of your older posts, (I told you I wanted more) and came across the lovely "Grace" your sweet husband got you for Christmas and I contacted Cathy. She just wrote me back and she is custom making me a kit. My Mom used to make beautiful primitive dolls and this so reminded me of her work. I am sure she will sitting on my shoulder and helping me so gently put her together...Grace will be my Guardian Angel. Thank you for sharing Grace and credited Cathy or I would never have found her!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your bedroom is beautiful. Where do I start with what I love? Your headboard is great. Your old folding chair is wonderful. The shower curtain is beautiful. What else...oh yeah, you dog is so sweet. So much to love!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh Kris...your bedroom is so pretty and dreamy!! I want to put more whites into my home and you give me so much inspiration. I have a wood chest that my hubby made for me many years ago that I'm wanting to paint real soon...any certain kind of white paint that I should use?
    I'm going back to look/drool over the pictures of your beautiful room.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your bedroom suite is amazing! I am just starting the remodel on mine and you are giving me so much inspiration! Love it!!

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete

sponsor