Now for the next room on the tour.  The laundry room.  

Laundry Room
 laundry/mud room 
This room was a major overhaul but totally worth it in the end.
I got these little chippy garden spikes on my trip last fall to Junk Bonanza and thought they would look cute hanging for our keys when you come into the mud/laundry room from the garage.
A Before picture Yuk!!! My washer and dryer hiding my window and preventing light in my mud laundry room. I could never get to that window to open the blinds.
Yuk! number 2 in this room that ugly water heater!!

Weak attempt to hide that water heater. Then.............
My wonderful and talented hubby moved the washer and dryer down to open up the window. It would have been a big job to have all the plumbing moved from under the window so he was clever and covered the ugly plumbing with doors that open so we can get at the pipes if we need too.  He also used stock doors from Home Depot and made a closet for the water heater.  We put old vintage door knobs on to give a more vintage feel to the stock doors. Now this room is bright and cheery. If you have to do laundry it should be nice place to be.
I do not sew so the window treatment was a piece of burlap and a staple gun.  I just bunched the burlap and stapled it to the wall. Then added a few flower blings. The valance underneath I got at Bed Bath and Beyond and hot glued some lace and doilies onto the valance and then used a tension rod inside the window.  No sewing and no tools!!!! 

Love this old ironing board  form the 40's and it still had the directions on how to use it!!!!  Ha Ha like women even in the 1940's needed directions on how to use an ironing board!!!!!

Of course an old chippy door. You know how I love doors and an old coat hanger in the corner. Another chalk board hanger on the door with hooks. Love my chalk boards!
I added old vintage laundry baskets to the walls for texture and just cuteness!!!

Lots of old vintage laundry stuff I had been collecting.



This picture shows my light fixture I had in my dining room and now it has a new home in the laundry room. Fits much better here.

Old vintage wood hangers from different hotels and  dry cleaners.



This cabinet with the old laundry boards we got at the flea market and it was too big to fit in this space so my husband remade it to fit. Love that man!!!!  This cabinet gives me storage and also hides the fuse box.  I had an old ladder that we hung from the ceiling and then I just added old baskets.  Some of these baskets were from my husband's Nana and my grandma. I love that I have little pieces of them in my home.

Well that is my laundry room.  Only one more room to go the place in the house we use the most the family room.  Stay tuned.
Kris
:)


Sharing with What's it Wednesday at
http://ivyandelephants.blogspot.com/
Sharing this week with Becky at Blissful Whites Wednesday http://www.timewashed.com/2013/01/blissful-whites-wednesday_29.html
Also sharing with Kim with Wow Us Wednesday at
http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net

Also sharing with Dawn at http://www.creativecaincabin.com/

also sharing at http://diybydesign.blogspot.com/

Also sharing at Open House Party http://nominimalisthere.blogspot.com

Also sharing at Katherine's blog Favorite Things Thursday
http://katherinescorner.com/
Sharing with Courtney Feathered Nest Friday
http://frenchcountrycottage.blogspot.com/
Also sharing at Fabulously Creative Friday with Jennifer Rizzo at
http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/2013 
http://www.stylishonceagain.blogspot.com/

55 comments

  1. Your laundry room is smart and pretty all at the same time. Love it! Now, you reminded me that mine is still pretty plain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your laundry room, but then again, I love your entire house.

    When we bought our house, the washer/dryer and water heater were in our entryway (long story) so we moved them to the garage. Since our garage is also home to my husband's car, 6 surfboards and his art storage, my laundry area is UGLY!!!! I hope to at least fix up the actual washer/dryer space. I think I will try some of your ideas to cover pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful laundry room. Such great personality in a room that is not a fun place to normally be.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh! If I had your laundry room, I might enjoy doing laundry,lol.

    Your laundry room is gorgeous! I love all the extra detail, even on your light fixture, oh I'm in love.

    take care,
    ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Diane . . . that room would make doing laundry fun :)
    Have a great week.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You and hubby did a wonderful job hiding all the eyesores. I would be really happy to do my laundry here and I do a lot of it!! Love all your little treasures here and there and you did great with the curtains! Love it all!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it! I would do laundry all day if I had a room like this.. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris- That is an amazing transformation! I LOVE your laundry room. I really need to do SOMETHING with my own. It is pretty enough to want to spend time in there- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just sigh when I see pictures of laundry rooms only because mine are in the garage! Better than where they were though...in the basement!
    Your laundryroom is just gorgeous, love the cabinet that your husband redid!

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE love love your laundry room!! All the great touches -- I love the cabinet with the washboard doors (SO cute), and the laundry service sign (did you make that?), the mason jar light fixture, the bright airy feel.... I mean, I could go on. Yes! You are right, I'm totally inspired!! ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  11. We were in our laundry room over the weekend discussing a MUCH needed redo. This is a beautiful job!!! Thanks for the inspiration. The next few weekend will be spent redoing my area. Will be showing the Mr. yours. Thanks for sharing.
    Cheers, Gee

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable as always. Love all the baskets and that curtain is great. --Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute, cute, cute. Hope you will join my party tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kim,
      I will!!!! I love your party. You are the hostess with the mostess. Thanks.
      Kris

      Delete
  14. Oh my gosh... this is fantastic!! Love how you hid the tank and the arrangement over the washer/dryer is wonderful! I need to take a BEFORE shot of my laundry room and hope for results like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tracy,
      Thanks so much. It really was not bad. Ha Ha I can say that since my husband did all the work!!!! He said it was pretty easy fix to hide everything. He loves when I give him projects like this because then he gets a new tool and a fun trip to Home Depot!!! Tracy thanks for coming by.
      Kris

      Delete
  15. Hi Kris,
    I just love your laundry room...it is so pretty!! I have a laundry room in the lower level of our tri-level, but the room is unfinished. Pipes showing on the walls and ceilings. We can't even close them up...it would make room too small and the ceiling would be down too low. I do have 2 windows in there...maybe I should make some pretty curtains, so that it would be a happier place to do the laundry.
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I could just live in your laundryroom--it is so adorable! I love that window with it's darling window treatment and that sweet bench and pillows. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sigh. There aren't enough doors in the county to cover my laundry dungeon. You and your husband make a good rehab team! Your laundry room would make me WANT to do laundry!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful place to do a yucky job-you are one talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sensational! And adorable! I'm not even sure I understand how you did it. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your laundry room is just too cute and what a fun place to be to do that all important job! Of course, I'm loving that old door and all the other wonderful vintage goodness you hung around the room.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hmmm...I'm thinking that if I had all these pretties in my laundry room I could be having more fun in there. Love your transformation. I would never have known you did the window treatment with a staple gun!! Your hubby is wonderful to help you on this. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,
      It is a great place to do the dreaded laundry!!!!! Yep that window treatment was easy peasy and no sewing or tools!!! Love it!!!!
      Kris

      Delete
  22. You are a master at putting things together. I have laundry to do. I think I'd like to come there and do it. How about it? You could hire out your laundry room to ladies in need of a laundry get-a-way!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz,
      You crack me up!!!! Anyone that wants to do laundry in there is welcome!!! Maybe instead of a laundry/mud room I could make it into a laundry rehab facility!!!! Ha! Ha!
      Come over anytime to do laundry.
      Kris

      Delete
  23. So light and bright...I have got to do something with my laundry room it is dark and unattractive. You have inspired me to start thinking about what do. Come link up to centerpiece Wed on my blog. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  24. All it takes is the drive to get it done and the ingenuity to do it!! I love all the wonderful cover-ups of things you didn't want to see. It does look bright and cheerful now. So, is the laundry piling up or are you just having too much fun in there to not have a reason to do it??!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I sure thought I had left you a message already, but apparently not....I love all your touches in your laundry room....I think the use of the washboards is brillant!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! I'd be washing everything I could get my hands on if I had a laundry room like that! It looks amazing! How handy of your hubby to open up the window space, it looks so bright and cheery in there:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Kris, I'm just swooning over your laundry room!! Not only do you have a whole room to do your laundry in(jealous!) but you've managed to make it absolutely stunning! (and your talented hubby is a keeper :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  28. What an awesome transformation! You did a wonderful job

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  29. I LOVE your laundry redo Kris! SO many lovely ideas and clever solutions.
    Your whole house is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I think this has to be my favorite laundry room ever~ I wish I had such a beautiful place when
    my kids were growing up, instead of the dingy dark basement... now that they are all grown,
    it is just 1 or 2 loads a week....
    Have a wonderful week,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  31. As much time as we spend in the laundry room, there's no reason it shouldn't be a place we don't mind being. I'd say you've accomplished that with all your terrific touches.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm so jealous! Found you on Thursday Favorite Things! I'm kicking off a brand new blog hop on Superbowl Sunday called the Creative HomeAcre Hop! I would love to have you join the fun at:
    http://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2013/02/the-creative-homeacre-hop.html

    ReplyDelete
  33. You and your hubby are both so creative... the vision and the skill! This is just the CUTEST room, love the ladder and hanging baskets, all the old washboards and that ironing board is WAY cool! But I think my favorite thing is the creative use of your space and how you work it to fit what you need and want. This is truly one laundry room I wouldn't mind doing the laundry...
    Hugs,
    ~ Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your laundry room is very pretty. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop xo P.S. the new giveaway started yesterday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wow, your laundry room is so darn fun and absolutely charming!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Love Love Love your laundry room. My laundery room is a challange but now that I have seen what your hubby did with those doors I have some great ideas, I just hope my hubby will think they are great. Love your home tour.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your laundry room! So many cute ideas and clever ways to repurpose things!

    blessings,
    karianne

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow Kris! Such an amazing laundry room makeover! Anyone would love doing laundry in there!
    I love each and every detail! The baskets and washboards are fabulous! Thanks so much for sharing at Blissful Whites Wednesday!!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  39. Who wouldn't want to do laundry in your laundry room. Love every creative detail!
    Blessings!
    Geneva

    ReplyDelete
  40. Kudos to your hubby....such a creative way to relocate the washer and dryer....just a wonderful transformation...beautiful room!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Love all the white...you did a fabulous job...too cute. I too, use washboards in my laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  42. So pretty! Just found you at Wow Us Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  43. You guys did a super job! Makes me want to redo our laundry room. Yours is way cuter and now much more functional!
    Great job.
    Come for a visit. http://wildoakdesigns.blogpspot.com
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your laundry room, it is fabulous. Great redo. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  45. What a great little room! So pretty. Visiting from Wow Us Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  46. OMG! Your laundry room is just fabulous! You have such an eye and innate
    since of style. I love how you put together all your vintage pieces!
    We'd love to have you link with us.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  47. So fancy! Really nice job on hiding the water heater. The whole room looks great. Jane from Blondie's told me about your blog. I'm enjoying nosing around!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor