Happy Saturday.  I am ready to show you the flip!! The old dining room is now the new living/family room and the old family room is now the new dining area.  Here we go!! Mind you I still have some decorating to tweak.  That always takes me some time but you can at least see the set up of the new rooms.  Grab a cup  of coffee or tea this is a longer post. Enjoy.

I love the natural light that comes into this room all day long.  Brighter and warmer.

Reading nook for me and straight across from there in front of the large windows will be the new hubby recliner. He so deserves that chair after helping get this all done in a week!!!!

Love those old shutters we happened upon in the shed! I love a treasured find like those to add to the room.

The hubby made new corner pieces for our entertainment unit to match the doors.  Before these two areas were just open shelves with really no purpose but to catch clutter so he mimic the doors with just some mdf boards. Cheap and gives a high end look.  I had some old vintage door knobs so had to add those to the doors.
New Chandelier.  I found this at Lowes on the clearance for $40 and it was black so a little spray paint and you have yourself a new chandy!!!!!
My old ladder for my decor books and lamp. I will have to hide that light cord!!!!!

Bright new living room.

Upper right corner of this picture which is hard to see the space but that is where the new Hubby recliner will go.  We are on the hunt.  I think a nice light chestnut leather color in a wing comfy chair might do the trick.  The search is on!!!

Love my new rooms! I just got this old chippy chalk board from Mary at Urban Farm House on Friday.  If you live in the Chicago area she has a beautiful chippy shop packed with treasures in Rockford, Illinois.  Her shop is in an old restored brick house. So charming. Mary finds the best treasures to re purpose and recycle.  You can also catch Mary at the Kane County Flea Markets during the summer months. She is the sweetest down to earth person you will ever meet.  From the first moment you meet her you will feel  like you have known her all your life.  Her restored vintage furniture is beautiful and she is so reasonable with her prices.  Check out her blog for more info
http://urbanfarmgirlandco.blogspot.com/
 
Another picture of the old vintage window and shutters.

Ok one of my fav pieces.  We had this old piece of cedar fencing in the backyard which I actually used to set in front of the air conditioner in the summer to keep the hot air from blowing on my flowers on the deck.  We were just about to throw it in the recycle bin and I thought wait that chippy piece might look nice as a new coffee table.  My husband Terry agreed and went to work on this and created this beautiful table.  So for the cost of $3 dollar legs we have a new coffee table.

Gotta Love it!!! Lot's of room for my drinks and my magazines while watching TV!
Moving on to the new dining room.  This is the addition off the back of our house that use to be my family room and cottage office area.  The french doors go out to our deck and garden. It was long and narrow and just did not work well as a family room. Now this dining room is right off my kitchen so I can see my guests and family while preparing food.

Just moved the shelves from the old dining room and hung them and moved the furniture into place. Easy Peasy!!!


I am looking for a new cabinet or table or unique piece to go under the old barn door.  I saw a really neat wine cart at Home Goods that I am thinking about.  I may just wait and see what old chippy treasure I can find to make a statement in that area.  For now the rooster will stand guard of this area!!

I was able to hang two chandeliers instead of one which makes more sense over my long farm house table.  My motto is you can never have enough chandeliers!!!!

Little table scape.
My mantel as you enter into this room needs some work. I am on the hunt for the right decor for the mantel.



This little corner needs some tweaking.  It will get there.

My old chippy bench and old chippy chalk board that I use to have in the front entry.  It now has a home next to the french doors going out to the garden and deck area.

Love this old chippy chalk board hanger.

Old barn door awaiting a chippy treasure to go underneath.


My magazine rack under the window in my office. Lots of decor magazines.
My new entry way area.  Not too worry the bike on my blog header will be back there when Spring arrives.
My office still in tack after all the moving.  Still a perfect space for my office.  It use to be a closet!!! Yuk better as an office.

Another picture of my office near the window. Lots of light through out the day comes in that window.  Can you believe the previous owners had this all boxed as a closet and no light could come in with blocking that window.  Crazy!!!! Love all the light now that comes into the room from that window.

Sharing this week at http://rootedinthyme.blogspot.com/  http://www.timewashed.com/2013/01/blissful-whites-wednesday.html and atWow us Wednesday http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2013/01/ and sharing at primp your stuff Wednesday http://www.primpjunktion.com/ and http://katherinescorner.com/2013/01/10/thursday-favorite-things-blog-hop-70/ and http://www.thevintagefarmhouse.com/2013/01/creative-things-thursday_10.html and
 http://www.redouxinteriors.com/2013/01/link-party-86-mes-preferes-nouvel-an-heureux/
http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2013/01/overflowing-with-creativity-56/
 

73 comments

  1. I can't believe how fast you accomplished all that work. I want to come over and do a walk through, so I can get the feel of the floor plan better. I love everything about it. Wish I could go all white, but the log home doesn't allow for it. I have tried and I just can't seem to get it to work. I will just be envious of yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsa! Just stunning. SO serene and pretty! I love the chalkboard, "Gather Family & Friends and coffee table turned out so well! Just beautiful...everything!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazingly beautiful. You did so much and everything flows so well. I absolutely love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. OMG!!! Debbie I love you!!!! You are flippen awesome!!!!! You make me smile. Have a great week end.

      Kris

      Delete
  5. im a new fan! your photo's are so beautiful! xoxo,tracie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job!! It looks like both rooms will be more functional now, and you kept ALL the charm - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know what room I love the most. It is all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris you did an amazing job! Wow it all looks so beautiful.LOVE your chandy's too.Especially that one from Lowes! I have never been to Lowes yet can you believe it?I need get myself in one.This is a good time of the year to find deals on things like that.And yours is perfectly painted white!
    I have not been to Mary's place yet.But I need to get over there.Maybe when she has her next opening.We should get together when the weather is warmer and do a shopping day!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks amazing....good luck on the chair hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kris, the swap turned out to be a huge success! All your things look just gorgeous in their new spaces. (Lovin' that barn door...if it ever needs a new home...ha, jk! :)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan let me know if you get this reply. Testing 1 2 3 ha ha!!!
      Kris

      Delete
  11. Everything looks just lovely, Kris! I think you made a good choice switching the rooms. I just love your sense of style and eye for detail. You need to pop over and help me out, neighbor!

    I follow Mary's blog but I have never been to her shop. It's about and hour away from me. I'd really love to someday, and hit the Kane County Market.

    Happy Weekend!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh for goodness sakes....I have house envy, white envy, cool envy. I want to clean my house now. Gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved visiting your blog1 I just became a follower. I am new to the blogger world and am loving seeing everyone's creativity. I would love for you to visit my blog, Maddiebella Home, and follow me as well.

    Happy New Year!

    Betty (Maddiebella Home)

    ReplyDelete
  14. It turned out beautifully!! So nice to have sweet helping hubbies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did an amazing job on all your changing around of rooms. LOVE the old door in your entry. I think I need that!! :-)
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  16. It all looks wonderful, Kris! Seeing it now, it really does look like the flip worked great, especially for the dining room in the narrower space {and being by the kitchen and doors to outside}. Love seeing all your accessories set up and in place.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm flabbergasted. I can't believe how much you've done in just a few short days!!! And it looks marvelous. I have to go back and look at it all one more time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So love your house--I don't think there isn't anything I don't like. Love those pillows--love the chair with the ruffled ottoman--so many things I want to pin I don"t know where to start. Hope that is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know this sounds repetitive. But I LOVE every single thing about your home. Every last detail. Every one!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It all looks so wonderful, Kris. You have so many unique and special items that really make your home beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!!! I love your creamy, dreamy home! Every little detail is completely swoon worthy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love it Kris! My 2 favorite things are the double chandeliers and the new coffee table. I love that you used an old piece from outside to make the table. It makes it that much more memorable and better than anything bought. And the 2 chandeliers over the table??? Jealous!! Looks great!

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh Kris...I love everything about these two rooms!! Flipping them was a great idea and I just know that you will love being able see family and guests while you are working in the kitchen. Your home is so beautiful!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks beautiful. I love your new chandi. Love the ruffled lampshade. Love that mantel and the light fixture hanging in front of it. So many many things that I love.

    Great flipping!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just a beautiful place to visit...Thank you for sharing your pictures with me..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope to see you again soon...Goodnight, sleep well

    ReplyDelete
  27. GREAT GREAT GREAT flip. You did a wonderful job and I love it all- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful job! Everything looks perfect! I love the old shutters! Also, Love the curtains in your dining room, what color are they and where did you find the material. Loves the check pattern and the softness of the color. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful layout! You & your hubby make a great team - love the new coffee table and how he made the corner doors for the entertainment cabinet. But what happened to the mason jar light fixture? I still really like it too - maybe looking for another spot for it still?
    Last year we bought my husband a new recliner in a pearl color leather after searching for months (here's a link, but in brown: http://www.hancockandmoore.com/product.asp?productid=131) I gotta tell ya - he LOVES his chair (it's way too big for me, but fits his 6'3" frame perfectly). It was pricey, but it will last for years, and that line allows you to choose your fabric, wood & nailhead trim. And, I like that it doesn't really look like a recliner. Happy hunting, what a great way to start your new year! Rita

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great changes, makes perfect sense. Love all the white.

    ReplyDelete
  31. We did a flip last year, it was the best decorating idea ever!
    I saw alot of books and magazines in your home. I love magazines. I was wondering if you would do a post on your favorite magazines and decor books sometime. I could make a list and get a few more for myself. That would be great. Thanks for all the great eye candy you blog for us. We all love it so much.
    *Hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  32. Kris, your home is LOVELY! We just purchased a 44 year old house and it hasn't been decorated in...44 years! Your home is full of inspiration and I keep coming back for more!! Your flip was amazing to watch...now if I could only do that here!!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  33. These rooms turned out beautifully! Love all of the light that comes into the family room and how much room you have in the dining room! All of your decorative touches are so pretty - the chandeliers, wall art, love those ruffled pillows on the white bench! I could study the pictures over and over and still find more to love! Your office is great too! Who in their right mind would close that off and turn it into a closet? I guess we never know what another person's needs for space were, but sheesh! That's a fabulous room - such a waste as a closet. Glad you're getting lots of enjoyment out of it now and out of your two "new" rooms! Thank you so much for sharing! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  34. WQW..you wasted no time, what a wonderful hubby to help with the makeover too. It is sensational. I love every photo and your new design for each space is totally awesome. Do you hire out!!?? I've the same situation when we entertain (limited space with the table), but I could do a switch!! just don't know if my DH would help, he hates change. Thanks sooo much for sharing your lovely space.

    ReplyDelete
  35. love, love, love, love, love!!!
    wow!! and gorgeous and fun!!

    blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
  36. ONE BIG WOW ...
    well may two or three or a hundred
    WOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOWWOW

    ReplyDelete
  37. OMGosh, it looks amazing!!!! I really love it. The old shutters, the doors on the entertainment center, the new coffee table, the shelves and buffet in the dining room, the table.... it all looks fantastic, and so cozy and charming. LOVE!

    ~Angela~

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love the barn door! And I like how you used the old gate above your desk. Your two rooms turned out beautiful.

    Thanks so much for joining the Lovely Blogs collection!
    Blessings... Polly
    (p.s. I'm in Rockford and yes, Mary's shop is sweet. If you come back into the area in the Spring, come visit me at The Vintage Market. Our next sale is April 19-20. http://www.thevintagemarket.net)

    ReplyDelete
  39. This is just the most gorgeous thing that I have seen in blogland lately (and I cruise around a lot in it)!! Would you mind telling me the name of your wall color? I have searched since last March for the right color, have looked at hundreds of paint chips, have bought I don't know many samples ....... I am one unlucky sap! Maybe you can help me?

    ReplyDelete
  40. This is just the most gorgeous thing that I have seen in blogland lately (and I cruise around a lot in it)!! Would you mind telling me the name of your wall color? I have searched since last March for the right color, have looked at hundreds of paint chips, have bought I don't know many samples ....... I am one unlucky sap! Maybe you can help me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris,
      The paint color is called Toasted Almond by Behr. I get Behr paint at Home Depot. Good luck. I have always been pretty happy with Behr paint.
      Kris

      Delete
  41. SPEECHLESS..........It's JUST BEAUTIFUL!! From one sweetie to another~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  42. wow, this is amazing! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Everyhthing is so pretty! I am a new reader and have been enjoying taking a look around!

    God bless....Brooke
    creativecountrymom@gmail.com

    Thanks for sharing!
    God bless....Brooke

    http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
    My home and garden site...

    http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
    My Vintage Art and Printables site...

    ReplyDelete
  44. you've really created a gorgeous switch, kris! love your "new" coffee table:) i may have to pin it all!

    ReplyDelete
  45. This one of the greatest looking houses on the planet, says your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I do have the sweetest and handyman of a hubby ever!!! Thanks for all you do. You are the best!
      Kris

      Delete
  46. Your house is spectacular! I love everything you have done! Just amazing! Thanks so much for sharing at Simple & Sweet Fridays.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  47. Wow...wow...wow! What a lovely way to start my day!! Your transformation is simply stunningly beautiful! I love it all! So many wonderful details. Love the shutters and wreath! Love the eat, pray, love chalk board, and can't wait to see what you find for the mantle and under that fabulous chippy gate!! You have a gift for creating beauty that's for sure! And a sweet hubby to match! I saw that you have been married for 31 years! We have been married for 33! Just love knowing that there are other happy, long married people out there!

    Thanks so much for sharing your reveal at Blissful Whites Wednesday!
    Have a lovely week!
    Hugs,
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Becky,

      Thanks so much for your sweet comments. I am so lucky to have that hubby for sure!!! He is a fire chief and very much a mans man so he puts up with all my chippy shabby white ruffle decor!!!!! He is amazing. I am going to keep this one!!!! Wow married 33 years that is great. Congrats to all of us that really did find our "soul mates". I so love your blog and love all you do on it. It really inspires me. So thanks for always sharing such beautiful inspiration. Also this Blissful White Wednesday is a great feature you have so thank you for this.

      Kris

      Delete
  48. Stunning transformations!!! LOve it all!

    ReplyDelete
  49. These are beautiful, beautiful rooms full of inspiration!
    So many wonderful details...going back for another peek!!
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Wow, I L-O-V-E your decorating style and taste. Thanks for coming over to my blog and introducing yourself - I am now following you as well and I SO look forward to going through your archives. Tons of inspiration here :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. Your home looks so fresh and just breathtaking.. I love every aspect of it especially that pretty chalkboard on the wall.. well everything really!! I love your style...take care, Maryann.. ps new follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  52. Fantastic! So many fun and beautiful things here. A great success! All the best in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Hi I love your amazing house, I came over via For the love of white. I am going to look at the rooms before the big move. I love to move rooms around, keeps the family on there toes.
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  54. Kris, Congrats! You've been featured for this inspirational post at Simple & Sweet Fridays. You will inspire everyone!
    Your house looks fantastic! Have a wonderful week!


    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  55. Where did you find the ruffle pillow covers on the couch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gloria,

      I got them at Home Goods. They are the DKNY brand.

      Kris

      Delete
  56. Oh, oh, OH! Your home is sooooo gorgeous!!! I love every single thing!
    I love it if you'd link with us, too.
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love, love, love your rooms! All the white is fabulous!! Gorgeous!!

    Jenna @ rainonatinroof.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. What an awesome switch. I'm loving the new salvaged fence coffee table, and too many other things to list! It's all so bright and pretty and cozy. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    Jeanette @ Creating A Life

    ReplyDelete
  59. I stumbled upon your blog today. All I can say is Wow! Your rooms are fabulous. I have just switched around my breakfast room. We switched all the furniture from one side of the room to the other. I am so liking how it looks. Your rooms have given me so much inspiration. My room being right off of the kitchen will now allow my guests to sit and talk to me when I am busy in the kitchen. All of your things are gorgeous. Thanks for your post.

    Kim
    Letters from the Shore

    ReplyDelete
  60. Not only is your home gorgeous, it's stunning...a dream come true. Beautiful job! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  61. This is so beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing. I thoroughly enjoyed taking a tour here. I am featuring your gorgeous living room at my party tomorrow afternoon. Thanks! -K

    ReplyDelete
  62. I Love Love Love your room flip. It looks amazing and so beautiful. I have been wanting to do my dining room in shades of white and your beautidul designs have truly inspired me today. Have a beautiful weekend.
    ~Joanie~

    ReplyDelete
  63. Kris, I got your blog from a lady off etsy that made your slipcover for you fabulous sectional! I was curious where or what brand the sectional you have is?! I've been looking for one an your is amazing! Especially with her slipcover!! I'm drooling! <3. Please let me know!! Sashakay21@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

sponsor