As my cabin fever house tour continues we are moving on from my bedrooms and now I will show you my Office area.  I really love this space.  In the back of the little ranch we live in the previous owners put on an addition.  This back area in the addition was all closed up as a closet and we have plenty of other storage in this house so I wanted to make it into a office area.  It was wasted space in the back, that is why maybe the previous owners made it a closet but I had bigger vision for this space and I now use this space as my office. It opens up the window and lets a lot of light into the room.  It is always bright and sunny and a quiet space to work in.  This is where the blogging happens!!!!!
This space next to my desk is where my husband hung an old chippy cabinet we got at the flea market. I store a lot of my vintage clocks and decor books and just cute stuff in these cabinets. The bottom bins under the cabinet we made for storage of some of my tags, ribbons etc.  They are just bins I painted white and numbered and then took a curtain rod and hung them on there.  The ends are just old door knobs for the vintage feel.  You know how I love history incorporated into my designs.

Do you see that lovely window that was closed up when the closet went across this space.  Crazy if you ask me to close up a window.   My husband framed out that window with a crown he made out of old doors and then he framed the sides of the windows with some old chippy posts we had gotten at the flea market in Elkhorn Wisconsin last year.  I love the statement above the window it is my motto "Live, Love, Junk".  Oh so true.
My chair is just a simple white parson chair that I put some bling on.  I wish I could sew but unfortunately I do not so I added this lace trim with Velcro strips so I can take this off when I wash the slipcover on this chair.  The flower and burlap just added some more bling.  Gotta Love bling!!!!!


I love that I have a lot of storage in this small area to hide all my "junk"!! I got that Queen sign at Junk Bonanza last fall in Minnesota.  Loved the saying so had to have that in my office!
My dress form that I scored from Home Goods on the clearance for $20.  Smiled all the way home from Home Goods after finding that lovely treasure.  I hang my totes and flowers  and pins on this dress form treasure.


Here is another shot of the chippy cabinet and my bins in the office area.  I also have that cute pillow that says cottage office from Cindy at cute pink things.  She makes the cutest pillows.
I love that I can throw weird odds and ends in those baskets.

This is my one of my very favorite treasures.  This old wire dress form I got in a cute little shop years ago.  It is made out of chicken wire and the old stand and hanger it is made onto is from the old Hilton hotel in Chicago.  Again love the history these pieces have. Makes them special to me.  The lady in the shop had necklaces and jewelry hanging on this and I asked her if it were for sale and she hesitated for a minute and then said I guess I could sell it to you if you really want it!!!! Really want it!!! I almost could not contain my poker face or excitement to see what the price was going to be.  She said $50 and you can have her.  I was so thrilled and said wrap her up she is coming home with me. I hurried out of the shop with my treasure before the shop owner could change her mind!!! I think it was a steal and now one of my most prized treasures. I smile every time I look at her.  I use her to hang cards and papers and notes on.


Some more of my storage of magazines!!!! Tons of magazines are found throughout my home.  This hand painted love letters box I have had for years now hold all the lovely magazines.
This wine rack I made into another storage unit for magazines. Easy peasy just sparkled it up with some spray paint and it now is a magazine rack. I love that is it metal and I can hook on cute vintage magnets etc.
Another chippy treasure I have had for years that has old wire baskets for storage of my magazines too. After these last few pictures of my magazine storage I am thinking maybe I need a magazine intervention!!!! I have a little attraction (addiction) to magazines.  I think they call this hoarding!!!!! Oh well guilty!! Even with pinterest and all the wealth of pictures on there I still love to thumb through a good decor magazine.
Hope you are enjoyed the tour of my office.  Stay tuned more rooms to come in the next few days.
Kris
:)

42 comments

  1. I love your office, Kris! You've got such a great space here. I can't believe someone closed off a window either, but I guess having a closet was more important to them. Love your Queen sign and the dress form you found at Home Goods {that was a wonderful find!}. I like how you've used that wine rack to hold magazines. I just painted one of those portable ones with a handle and have been trying to figure out how to use it. You may have given me the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to come play in your wonderful space!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I just noticed the Queen sign LOL! Tis is true, especially for me today in my paint clothes and not showered. Love your space, so cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. everything you do is just lovely! I love your home, your photo's, your creative ideas! just so inspiring! hugs...tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kris, I love everything about your office/craftroom. Both of the dress forms are so sweet. I love windows too. Your husband did a wonderful job on the little window. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Kris. A girl after my own heart. Someday I'll show you ALL my decorating books and magazines. I love your little office and all the great ideas for storing magazines, etc. I love that little row of baskets to hold things. I will have to look for something similar for my Snuggery..Happy Friday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kris,
    I am really enjoying your house tour!! Love, Love your office, it is so cute and girly and I love the uses of all the junk finds. Can't believe you found that dress form for $20 at Homegoods!! I still love all my magazines too, but I find I don't buy as many as I used to as a lot of them just aren't as good as they used to be and they have almost doubled in price for some. I keep them forever and it does get to be a challenge to find a way to store them doesn't it?? The little wire bins on the curtain rod are so neat and useful, the way you can see it all so easily.... Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kris we must be "soul" sisters... I love the history of each and every piece I have, I can't help but think of who owned it before me, how they used it. etc. I prefer used, loved and repurposed things to new. I have a tiny, teeny, weeny (okay, HUGE) obsession with magazines, decor and craft books. I even have the same curtains as you... just sayin'. I am just crazy about your style, you have fixed up your home into a beautiful, creative and very relaxing home... do you rent rooms? hehehe! We both don't mind getting our hands dirty, we're both creative and think outside of the box, you have the style, and I can sew... "soul" sisters, we'd make a great team!
    Hugs,
    Pendra

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, how gorgeous and finished your rooms are!! Love your treasures and I love pieces with a history too. Both dress forms are gorgeous and I LOVE the Queen sign. he he he

    ReplyDelete
  10. Everything is so pretty and fresh! That chicken wire lady is the best! She steals the show for me...like that wine rack idea too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris I could look at your photos of your beautiful home all day! What a dream office....swoon <3!!!! So beautiful! Every single detail is amazing!Thank you for sharing!!!
    xx
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your office! and I am a magazine hoarder as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Complimenti!Hai una casa bellissima!Ti ho trovato per caso e sono diventata follower!Rosetta

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kris, your office is one of my favorite rooms in your house! There are so many details that I love-the gate, the dress form (I have one of those, too!) and so much more! Also, I just noticed the 'new' pic of you and your hubby-adorable! ;)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  15. When you retire from nursing, you can start a decorating and home organizing business! I DREAM of being as organized as you. And it all looks so charming, too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate the feeling of envy, but it is hard to hold it back, when looking at photos of your studio. It is breath-takingly beautiful. I agree with Vickie above. You should start a business, you've got so much talent:)
    Have a wonderful weekend and thank you for sharing.
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. it is all adorable, kris! i agree with you--LOVE the chicken wire dress form so much:)

    ReplyDelete
  18. You must just get a smile inside every time you walk into that room. It's so soft and yet with colorful touches, and it's organized with all that chippy goodness. What a great space!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Cute Cute Cute. Love everything about it...Marlee

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! Cute Cute Cute. Love everything about it...Marlee

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love it! I should have known your office would be just as amazing as the rest of your home.
    The unique way that you use and display your vintage pieces is fabulous. Again, LOVE it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kris, I love your office...so pretty! We have some things in common. I have the same curtains, but mine are in the living room. I have a huge collection of magazines too! Love your dress forms too...I have an old one, but the cloth on it is in bad shape and I need to give her a little face-lift. What an awesome apace!!
    hugs,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  23. Omigosh! You have the cutest office ever!! I love those wire baskets ... are they hanging on a curtain rod? Adorable! And I agree with you ... who would cover up a window? If I had your office I don't think I'd ever come out of there. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a wonderful office. It is almost like being in a little shop. I just love all your "stuff". xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a gorgeous office! I love the chicken wire dress form!!!

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Kris, your office is absolutely swoon worthy!! I could look at photos of your beautiful cottage home all day long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debi,
      Thank you so very much. I am so glad you came by and I do really appreciate your sweet comments. Enjoy.
      Kris

      Delete
  27. Well. Love it all, of course.
    But my husband says I cannot come here any more.
    He is tired or wiping the drool off the keyboard. =)

    hugs and blessings
    barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara,
      You crack me up!!!!! You are the sweetest and just made my day. Have a great week end.
      Kris

      Delete
  28. I love your office space, it is so pretty and that dress form is genius. I won't be showing my office any time soon. It seems to be the one spot in my house that always looks like a bomb went off. Maybe I can get some motivation to organize it after seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I enjoyed more "touring" with you today...I love your parson's chair cover, especially that the bling is reomovable...my kinda girl!
    Enjoy the rest of your weekeend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Kris! I was attempting to comment on this lastnight, well more like 3am, and kept felling sleep at the keyboard! You almost got a comment filled with mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm several lines of it as I'd fall asleep with my finger on a key! After 3 or more tries, I closed it down and went to sleep LOL! I love your office! It is so cute and filled with fun items that inspire me to go create! My area is so yucky. I'm happy to have it but it's an unfinished room in the basement and I can't seem to get it organized. Nothing cute, altho' I've tried. I need to get back down there and work on it today. That's on my list! Now when I get correspondence from you, I'll think of you typing at your sweet little desk and feel even more connected! Have a great weekend! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete
  31. Bellissimo il tuo blog!!
    Ti seguo dall'Italia!!;D
    Baci!!
    Sabry!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sabrina,
      You are so sweet. I am glad you like my blog.
      Baci,
      Kris
      xxxooo

      Delete
  32. Hi Kris,
    I just wanted to let you know that your blog is one of my very favorites. I get really excited when I find a new post in my email.
    Your office space is so precious. Is that where you craft as well?
    I have a magazine addiction, too. It is getting expensive these days, isn't it.
    I think I will borrow your idea of the baskets on the rod. How did you attach the crystal door knobs?
    Thanks for making my day.
    *Smiles*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pamela,
      You are always so sweet and I am so glad when you come by. I do some crafts in my office but mainly just hang out on the computer in there. I usually sit and do my crafts at my farmhouse table in the dining room. More room to spread out. I am so glad to hear others have a Magazine addiction. I know they are getting expensive and you can find alot of the magazine designs on pinterest but there is just something about relaxing in a chair and thumbing through a good magazine. I save all of mine because I always get good inspiration from them. Have a great week end.
      Kris

      Delete
  33. I am so glad I found your sweet site. This like all your room is over the top beautiful! I will spend a bit of time looking around this afternoon!

    God bless....Brooke

    http://creativecountrymom.blogspot.com/
    My home and garden site...

    http://brookekroeger.blogspot.com/
    My Vintage Art and Printables site...

    ReplyDelete
  34. New follower! Love that gate/inspiration board above your desk! Please tell me a little more about it. Is it a real gate? How did you hang it? I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thanks for coming by. I hope you get this message as you are a no reply blogger so I hope you get this. The gate is real I got it at a shop in called 363 near my home. I have seen them for sale at flea markets too. I used two more like this one in my guest room as headboards over two twin beds. Check out my last post and you will see the gates as headboards. Hope you find a cute one. I love these chippy gates and all the stuff you can do with them.
      Kris

      Delete
    2. Thanks Kris...I will be on the lookout this summer!

      Delete
  35. Love, love, love it, Kris! So fun to look at all of your goodies. I love the curtain rod with baskets and the chicken wire dress form the most. I'm off to check out the bedroom.

    ~Shanon

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love everything about this room! I love the bling and the chippiness--it is perfect!

    ReplyDelete

sponsor